Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't have a picture (yet) but it occured to me during the install of the SuperATV frontside brushguards that they might cause tire clearance issues when going to a 27" tire. Has anyone installed either the Polaris guards or the SuperATV's on the front and had a problem with tire clearance?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I also have the same problem with stock tires, the front side guards should have been built to fasten just a little higher to prevent contact. If anyone has plans for a larger tire with the guard, a lift will be needed to clear the tires. Its funny how trying to improove things causes headaches somewhere else!!!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dozer1 said:
I also have the same problem with stock tires, the front side guards should have been built to fasten just a little higher to prevent contact. If anyone has plans for a larger tire with the guard, a lift will be needed to clear the tires. Its funny how trying to improove things causes headaches somewhere else!!!!
A thought just crossed my mind but could we grind off a portion of that mounting flange to increase the tire clearance? I'm not sure it would affect the strength that much and it might save having to add a lift.

Any thoughts on that?

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
This is my thoughts cause I have the same problem. Take the tube where it has the flat bar/mounting plate, notch the tubing on the oposite side closest to the tire. And weld in a piece of flat bar to make it rigid again. This would give you around an inch or so.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Try sending Myhoundwillfindu, I think he might know how. I think he even has fab something like what your speaking of.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2007 polaris ranger side gaurd clearance

I too just installed those side gaurds which was a feat in itself as the holes did not line up at all. Any way I run 26x9r12s sedonas on the front of my ranger. First time out going over some big bumps I could hear the tires rubbing the mounting brackets. Now I need more clearance or will have to modify bracket somehow. Any suggestions? I cannot really go higher in the ranger as I will then have clearance problems getting into the toy hauler.

Thx in advance for any suggestions...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts