Polaris Ranger Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
22 Posts
Can you still mount the ROPS side mirrors when you have a lock and ready windshield installed and all the wires running along the side post for radio on the inside cab of the right and left post?.

I have the all clear swing window doors and didnt want to drill into the door or where the glass is. How do you guys mount the side mirrors?

· Registered
8 Posts
Can you still mount the ROPS side mirrors when you have a lock and ready windshield installed and all the wires running along the side post for radio on the inside cab of the right and left post?.

I have the all clear swing window doors and didnt want to drill into the door or where the glass is. How do you guys mount the side mirrors?
I have a 2021 Ranger 1000 with Clearview Doors. Had the same issue. Did not want to drill holes in the glass. Found a mirror from Klock Werks. I mounts to the top of the ROPS and not the side. It is very pricy at $175 but it does work.
It only includes one mirror.

Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Vehicle
Automotive design Turbine Gas Composite material Engineering

· Registered
65 Posts

By now you have probably solved your issue but I’ll still offer my experience. I bought a pair of Seizmik Pursuit Mirrors. It came with the mounting brackets for Ranger Profit ROPS frame. As I was installing the mounting brackets it became apparent that they were going to be in the way of my doors. I have the Polaris OEM doors. The solution would be a re-designed bracket with the piece that the mirror bolts to pointing away from inside the door frame. I contacted Seizmik but they offered no assistance. Then I contacted a gentleman I recently met that had a Seizmik mirrors mounted on his Ranger. He ran into the exact same problem but had figured out a solution that involved cutting and a couple of spot welds.
I’ll attach the pics.

Attachments

· Registered
22 Posts
Has anybody drilled thru the glass on there clearview doors to install the oem side mirrors. I tried the mirrors that mount on the cab rops frame and it didnt work. I tried adding an extension to bring the mirror out more but still , it just didnt seem quite right. I have the oem side mirrors and was thinking of installing them on the side front fender or if I get brave , maybe drill thru the glass the way they should be mounted. Is there a special drill bit for drilling glass?
What do you guys think?

· Registered
815 Posts
If the glass is tempered it will break when drilling, if it isn't tempered it is likely to break if the mirror flexes at all after it is mounted. It takes a diamond drill bit and water to drill through glass.

Example

1 - 7 of 7 Posts