Polaris Ranger Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks I just saw something on the RZR that made me kind of sad... the side rails next to the seat. As you know, I am handicapped and rails like that make it nearly impossible for me to get in and out of the seat. My question is, are these welded to the cage or can they be removed easily?

·
Registered
635 Posts
My trailer is stuck in the snow so I can't just run out and look, but even if they were welded I figure you could cut them off and cap the ends with something..
I'll keep checking all of my pic's..

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
True, I could do that, but I need to see if I can get in and out and how easily. The more I look, the more I keep leaning toward the full-sized Ranger.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Side rails are removable! The two anchor points above the floor are just bolted so I suspect the one below the floor is also bolted for removal.

I am sure it would make entering and exiting easier for you but you sure would want to install some type of door to keep you in.

Gary

·
Registered
635 Posts
The full size has hip rails as well..

·
Registered
507 Posts
Yes they are removable. I took mine off when I had to do some repairs. There might someone out there that could design a folding rail to help you get in and out and will also flip up to help keep you in place.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the info, guys. Now I'm back to square one... I think I'm just gonna' have to flip a coin. O0

1 - 9 of 9 Posts