Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Take your two fiters off, the two intakes that are under the hood and run 1.5in pool hose to the cup holders. Cut 2.0in hole in the bottom of them and pull the hose up the cage to the hieght you want. I put 2.0in pvc or abs pipe up the cage with a 45's at the top. Pics coming soon.

Now for the belt,take a 3in to 2in rubber collar from your cvt cover.Run 2in pvc or abs pipe to the floor. Take the floor pan out so you can run your pipe to the front of your Ranger. You may want to put heat rap on the pipe.If nees you ca put pool hose in some of this run. Eixt in the center of dash.Pics coming soon

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Ranger said:
Take your two fiters off, the two intakes that are under the hood and run 1.5in pool hose to the cup holders. Cut 2.0in hole in the bottom of them and pull the hose up the cage to the hieght you want. I put 2.0in pvc or abs pipe up the cage with a 45's at the top. Pics coming soon.

Now for the belt,take a 3in to 2in rubber collar from your cvt cover.Run 2in pvc or abs pipe to the floor. Take the floor pan out so you can run your pipe to the front of your Ranger. You may want to put heat rap on the pipe.If nees you ca put pool hose in some of this run. Eixt in the center of dash.Pics coming soon
I really need to do this. Maybe explain to me in a little more detail or pictures on the way you did the belt. I know that could be a major problem if it gets wet.

·
Registered
75 Posts
i have some pics in my sig of my snorkles. i ran mine thru the cupholders with 1.5" to 2" abs pipe(black pvc) and for the belt i used a 3" to 2" rubber reducer to a 2" end cap. i drilled 2 1" holes in the cap and put 2 1" thread by barb adapters in the cap. then i used 1" heater hose and ran dual exhaust outlets up the rear of the cage. never had any problems yet and i have had water over the steering wheel.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Gorrilla, how in the heck are you gonna' be able to sip your latte now? No mo cup-holders!

Actually, I don't see the sense in a cup-holder anyway. Most of the ridin' I would do would slosh out the contents of any cup. Not that I'm a dare-devil or anything, but riding in the boonies tends to be a little rough for an open cup-o-joe on the dash.

·
Registered
75 Posts
i hear ya brotha, we like to ride hard and deep. if it didn't slosh out it would float out. haha :2funny:

·
Registered
167 Posts
Ranger said:

sry just found this thread. do you have any pics you could post?

·
Registered
269 Posts
I got measurements of the size of the tubes I need to hook to, but can't keep the thing running long enough to tinker with that sort of stuff.

·
Registered
167 Posts
well i used to really want to make snorkels for my rig but i read that you can go up to the hood and up over the hord for short bursts on an un snorkeled ranger. so snorkels might be my last mod, other things will come first. snorkeling the engine would be better for it since it will get cooler/cleaner air thought right? and that would just be one one pipe? pretty cheap and easy

·
Registered
75 Posts
if any body is interested i have the snrkels off of my ranger for sale for $125 shipped.

·
Registered
167 Posts
vanillagorilla said:
if any body is interested i have the snrkels off of my ranger for sale for $125 shipped.
dibs

whered you buy them and how much did you pay? got any pics of them installed? why are you selling them?

·
Registered
75 Posts
i got my arctic cat to play with in deep water now and i use my ranger for too much yard work and hunting seasons so i dont want to take any more chances of finding a hole that is still a litttle too deep. really other than that, that is the only reason. send me an email if u r interested in buying them [email protected]

1 - 15 of 15 Posts