Polaris Ranger Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a 2007 Tacoma with a 6" Lift and a lot of other goodies. We are planning for a little one sooner than later so I need something with a little more room. I work for Toyota so I can get the employee discount plus whatever rebate there is. If I go through with the deal I will get 3.9 interest rate. We build he Tundra engines 5.7, 4.7, and the 4.0 v6 . Of course I will get the Tundra with the 5.7 365 hp and it pulls 10,800 . But I will go look at the Chevy Z71 one last time and it should force me into getting the Tundra. From the money side of it and the actual Truck you are getting the Tundra is the way to go. I have always been a Chevy fan, however most are made out of the US now and more Toyota's are made here. Whatever I decide on I will let you guys know. I have heard with a few performance mods you can pump out 400hp easy. and driving it tonight was awesome.

·
Registered
75 Posts
if it was me i would go toyota. my last 3 trucks were chevy's and nothing but trouble. 3 strikes and chevy's out, something else next time for me.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Here are my last three SUV's (current listed first)

[glow=red,2,300]Ford Excursion (Diesel)
Ford Expedition
Chevy Tahoe [/glow]

I have always preferred Chevy's to Ford, but I had much fewer problems with the Ford's than I ever did with the Chevy. I always said, the Tahoe would have been the perfect car.....if my second car was a tow truck!

Now I am not really loyal to either. I think you can get a lemon no matter who makes it, or how much you spend. To prove my point, I had a BMW we got sent back under the lemon law! My philosophy now is....[move]if you like it, buy it![/move]

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Polaris said:
Here are my last three SUV's (current listed first)

[glow=red,2,300]Ford Excursion (Diesel)
Ford Expedition
Chevy Tahoe [/glow]

I have always preferred Chevy's to Ford, but I had much fewer problems with the Ford's than I ever did with the Chevy. I always said, the Tahoe would have been the perfect car.....if my second car was a tow truck!

Now I am not really loyal to either. I think you can get a lemon no matter who makes it, or how much you spend. To prove my point, I had a BMW we got sent back under the lemon law! My philosophy now is....[move]if you like it, buy it![/move]
This is very true, and the rule you get what you pay for does not apply.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Try a duramax. I have alway been partial to GMC over Chevy. Everyone says they are the same, just minor differences. I feel the quality is better though. This is just my personal opinion, and does not reflect the opinion of the this forum ;D

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
2005DMAX said:
Try a duramax. I have alway been partial to GMC over Chevy. Everyone says they are the same, just minor differences. I feel the quality is better though. This is just my personal opinion, and does not reflect the opinion of the this forum ;D
I had an 07 Duramax, I liked it when I was pulling my Jeep around. I really don't need that much of a truck. But with my discount and the price of fuel I can see getting a Tundra sense it will pull 10,800 lbs and have 365 hp . The difference in the duramax and the Tundra is about 10,000 dollars. I will save a little more on gas than diesel just running back and forth to work.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Every one of the above manufacturers are capeable of producing a great truck and all the models mentioned have both satisfied and dissatisfied owners.

I've been on both sides more times then I care to admit to.

At this point I wouldn't touch a Chevy or a Chrysler/Jeep product ever again and not because of a particular vehicle but because of the complete lack of customer support when problems do occurr.

Ford is also pretty far down on my list because of the disaster we had with a gorgeous Ford EXPLODER (Eddie Bauer) that couldn't do anything right. Fortunately the dealer was on our side and got us out of it without too much pain or loss.

My little brother works for Toyota and drives a gorgeous Tundra fully decked out and loves it. Lousy gas mileage is his only complaint. Hey, it's a big truck and none are good when driven around town exclusively!

My F 250, 7.3 Turbo diesel has been a fantastic truck but with the cost of diesel going above that of gas I can't say I am a happy camper. Diesel was less then gas in 02 when I paid about $3300 extra to have the diesel engine.

Up here in the White Winter North Country it just does not pay to own a nice vehicle because you just get to watch them all rott in the driveway from the salt they use on the roads. 95% of all the problems I ever have on my vehicles come more from rusted parts then from any other reason.

If I were you Josh I would be sticking with the company that pays my bills and buying the Toyota for sure.

Gary

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I made my mind up last night. The dealership I use for a Chevy had some good prices, but they could have been better. They also lied about the price. The guy wrote down the price and interest rates for me. My wife is n accountant and she figured it up. They tacked on 2,000 to the price so they would make money, the figures they gave me showed it and was above the actual cost of the truck. I like honesty, and will buy the Tundra either Thursday or Friday. O0

1 - 8 of 8 Posts