Polaris Ranger Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got some of my Mods done today...got the Off road light bracket built and lights mounted on it, on the front Btush guard, and got the cab light mounted, and an under hood electrical box for accessories..............didn't take a pic of it...just a big project box from Radio shack with a fused feed from the battery, to a terminal board (inside the box) which is fused, and then several other 'feeds'...all fused, that go to the accessories, all color coded so it's easy to track down a problem, if ya have one!!!!

The Light bracket..it's hard to see, but there is a piece of 3/8" cold rolled round stock for a guard in front of the lights.....

The cab light.......

I saved the Best for Last!!!! O0

Yeah she needs a Shampoo.but between trying to get things done on her, and working Trouble calls...there just wasn't enough time :tickedoff:

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
caglezxj said:
I love that decal!!! where did you get it?
The deer...or..the PRF decal ???? :) I really don't remember where I got the deer decal......got the other in the mail yesterday!!!!!!

·
Registered
269 Posts
I like the dome light it looks like the same one I put in my Jeep O0 I know where to order it from

·
Registered
635 Posts
How did he get his decal already, Josh what's a guy gotta do..

·
Registered
167 Posts
are all your accessories wired to the stock battery? have you ever had any drainage problems? great lookin setup btw

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
jackh said:
are all your accessories wired to the stock battery? have you ever had any drainage problems? great lookin setup btw
Only once! the Taz had set for about 3 weeks without being started....I had the heater fan on/headlights/top off road lts on.......then i turned on the go lite, remote controlled spotlight......and the battery light came on, I dumped some load, and the battery light went off.........the next night though all worked well, figured the battery was low from sitting!!!!!

yes, it is all wired to the stock battery.........for now.....

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I finally caught a few pretty days, and my son ......for help ;D...anf got the boat rack mounted on the Taz.....also got 1 gun boot mounted behind the cab, and replaced the cargo light on the back of the cab...although no pics of the gun boot or lights.....left my camera at the cabin!!! The fasctory 'cargo lt' was good, it just was blocked by one of the cross pieces on the boat rack, so I made a bracket to raise it up some, and replaced ith with 2-55w small driving lights....I can pull 4 bolts and the boat rack will come off.......it'll come in handy when the water at camp goes down, and I start fishing those old river lakes on the property...my 14ft jon boat fits it just fine!!!!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
cathead77 said:
Man, you're loaded for bear!!
;D ;D Yep...we put out mineral blocks, and had a few trees down across the road so the chainsaw was in the back too!! I'll use this for hunting, and work.....be easy to haul lumber in to some of the deer stands that we need to work on...had the top blown off one, so that'll be a weekend project when the water drops out!!!! Also, it will be used for real work......getting into remote areas not accessable by truck, repairing downed powerlines...the company re-imburses me when I use it!!! ;D ;D

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Love the Go Light! Have that same one mounted on my back deck and life just wouldn't be the same without it.

Just a tip on it, grease the gears with white lithium grease or it will bind up on you.

Gary

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
GRAZOR said:
Love the Go Light! Have that same one mounted on my back deck and life just wouldn't be the same without it.

Just a tip on it, grease the gears with white lithium grease or it will bind up on you.

Gary
I hear ya Gary! and if rain is expected, and the temp may go below freezing...cover it up, or put it in the dry!!!! been using one on my company trbl truck for close to 10 years, and it finally quit a month or so ago......comes on, but won't rotate left/right or up/down..........gonna send it back to see if they can fix it.............if so, it'll go back on the trbl truck, and I'll keep the new one they got me, when I retirew....the I'll have 2 ;D ;D

I've got a mag mount & a perm mount shoe....gonna weld a plate on the rack for it later.......

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Thats a gorgeous light and when mine started sticking I took it appart and saw the problem, SIMPLE fix with some good grease!

They are pretty pricy but a great investment for sure.

I take the remote to the bed room and can watch the wildlife from where ever I am in the house.

Very few even know about this great invention but I caught it immediately and won't ever be with out one.

Gary

·
Registered
35 Posts
nice rack

1 - 18 of 18 Posts