Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, my ride comes in soon and I've been pulling my hair out deciding which route to go with on a sound system.
I am budget conscious due to the 15k already spent, so I'm trying to decide between a pre done unit like the " tractor tunes" or to piece meal it together myself.
If you guys have tunes, could you chime in with ideas and or pics of custom set ups. I would like to stay under $400 Thanks for the help fellas!

·
Registered
168 Posts
That is great...never seen that before. Been searching for a music solution and that is perfect. Would rather use my phone music than a radio anyway.

·
Registered
123 Posts
One thing I can say, its a lot louder than you would think. I can hear it easily over the engine at all speeds at about 1/2 volume. The sound is also amazing for a unit that small. It has bass you can actually feel.

The most important thing to me was I didn't have to drill any holes through my $400 roof.

Its also very cool to unstrap it at lunch and carry it over near where we are eating. The battery lasts 3+ hours at full blast, and up to 10 at lower volumes. In my old unit I had to park close and turn the music up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input, I'm gonna check that out for sure. I'm not a big fan of drilling holes in my roof either. It would be nice if they formed an aftermarket roof (or even a lock and ride roof) with an insert formed in to put a regular marine deck in...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Best buy $45

Walmart online $40

Lowes up to 4 inch around $10 for 2

Cut and 6 1/2 installed

Istalled to roof

Radio installed to metal bracket toward front of ranger under roof

It didn't bother me to drill into roof. I used washers that had rubber coated on one side never had any leaks. $100 total.

·
Registered
168 Posts
RHarness...great ideas. Will consider this in my decision. After seeing the bluetooth bar speakers, I'm wondering if I would listen to the radio or iphone more. With the easy install of the bar, I'll prob try it first since there is no cutting and if it's not the answer, I can use it as a portable sound for the iphone in the yard, etc.

Edit: you would think someone would come out with a housing minus the head unit. I have 3 head units new in the box never used. (Long story).

·
Registered
37 Posts
I use my phone through it all the time. I like a radio bc of ball games or bad weather. My friend done same setup except an amp with his phone amp costs a lil more but it's nice.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I hit a lot of water, so i got 2 marine 6x9s, marine 100 watt amp, hook up ipod jack to the amp or whatever your phone uses and viola sweet loud cheap sound system for under 100$ at best buy. That super tooth thing is pretty badass though if youre not worried about deep water.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Holy crap.. How deep of water are you going in.. Its installed on the underside of the roof and about 4 inches above my head when I sitting in the drivers seat.

You would have to be in water over your head to flood it.. You can put your phone anywhere or in a plastic bag to ensure it doesn't get flooded.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Holy crap.. How deep of water are you going in.. Its installed on the underside of the roof and about 4 inches above my head when I sitting in the drivers seat.

You would have to be in water over your head to flood it.. You can put your phone anywhere or in a plastic bag to ensure it doesn't get flooded.
Ive had my hands under water so thatll tell ya, but that was by accident, usually water i go through is about headlight deep but what i was talking about was the splash that will usually go over the top, you may not have that problem but i have 2 speeds, stopped, and WOT lol.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Best buy $45

Walmart online $40

Lowes up to 4 inch around $10 for 2

Cut and 6 1/2 installed

Istalled to roof

Radio installed to metal bracket toward front of ranger under roof

It didn't bother me to drill into roof. I used washers that had rubber coated on one side never had any leaks. $100 total.
Are those speaker pods light fixtures or what? I can't find anything like that at Lowes.

·
Registered
25 Posts

1 - 16 of 16 Posts