Polaris Ranger Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone. I'm a new member from southwest Missouri. So I'm in the waiting phase on the Ranger, but I've had the forest land for awhile now. The property is in eastern Christian Co. Here's a pic.

Plant community Plant Ecoregion Twig Wood

John D
Sparta, MO

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Plant Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread

I haven't done a whole lot with the new Ranger yet, the heat is pretty challenging right now. I just got a pull behind mower to use with the Ranger. This is from Kunz Engineering, Mendota, Illinois. I don't have a full review yet, but my initial review is very favorable. It was made in the USA, by a small family company. It's rugged. There is no dealer in my area, so I ordered direct. I ordered on Friday, it arrived on Wed morning. I don't know if that fast of service is typical. It was well crated and arrived in good shape. "Some assembly required", it was during the current hot weather, so about one day of work spread over a couple days, but someone with more youthful energy could put this together in 2 or 3 hours. I have several flattish acres here at the house, it's performed very well mowing here on flat ground. My real goal is to use it for trail maintenance at the forest property (see some photos above). I'm looking forward to trying it out on some not-so-flat trails. I got one of their narrower models with trails in mind, I think it's the narrowest. I'm curious if anyone on here has the same unit?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Plant Terrestrial plant Tree Natural landscape Trunk

It's hard to take photos that show how steep these old logging trails are. Doing a bit of work to take out saplings that I could still drive over, but eventually would be too large for that.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts