Polaris Ranger Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not too much real life answers out there since this machine is so new, I'm looking at buying the SP 570, but I'm 6'6". Closest dealership with one in stock is 3 hours away and I really like my local guys and want to order there. I sat in the full size 570 Ranger they had on the floor and had about 2 inches of legroom to spare, but there's no dimensions for legroom listed anywhere other than "improved in the SP 570 moving the dash forward". Any tall drivers/owners out there who can weigh in before I place a deposit? Also, heard great things about the acceleration/power even with the 44hp, everyone seeing that in real life? Thanks, Andy

· Registered
1 Posts
Not too much real life answers out there since this machine is so new, I'm looking at buying the SP 570, but I'm 6'6". Closest dealership with one in stock is 3 hours away and I really like my local guys and want to order there. I sat in the full size 570 Ranger they had on the floor and had about 2 inches of legroom to spare, but there's no dimensions for legroom listed anywhere other than "improved in the SP 570 moving the dash forward". Any tall drivers/owners out there who can weigh in before I place a deposit? Also, heard great things about the acceleration/power even with the 44hp, everyone seeing that in real life? Thanks, Andy
I have a 2022 SP570 that’s was a year old in Nov 22. I’m 6’ and there is plenty of room. But at 6’6” u would have to sit in one. Not sure what models have adjustable seats but that would help.
My unit has plenty of power for size and weight. No problems so far. Nice ride and performance.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a 2022 SP570 that’s was a year old in Nov 22. I’m 6’ and there is plenty of room. But at 6’6” u would have to sit in one. Not sure what models have adjustable seats but that would help.
My unit has plenty of power for size and weight. No problems so far. Nice ride and performance.
Thanks for some insight. Yea, hoping to find something locally to sit in, any opinion on power steering? Necessary?

· Registered
101 Posts
Andy this should give you some reference. You have 12 inches from the dash to the seat. Reference photo with yard stick. I had to start at 1 inch to fit the yard stick in so its showing 13. The seat height is 19.5 and then from the seat to the roof is 40 inches. Hopefully this helps. Mine is a 2022 SP 570 Premium. Mine has the tilt steering wheel and you would definitely need that to get in and out.

Attachments

· Registered
101 Posts
As far as acceleration and power I have no complaints with mine. I bought mine to use for hunting, farm work and to plow with. It has plenty of power for me I don't remember to many times that I even needed low gear. I don't really trail ride but I have mashed the pedal a few times and have been going 40+. I would think it would top out at 45-50. I can't speak for plowing yet as I have been waiting to fit it with a Boss 5'6" V-plow. I am told Boss is close to having the new mount completed for the SP 570 but I was also told almost a year ago that it would be done by September of this year. Looks like another year of plowing with my 4-wheeler.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My dad just picked up 2023 SP570. Its a nice little unit however it is a bit on the small side for me. I‘m 6’3” and it doesn't give me much legroom. I would get a full sized unit if I was you.
Hmmmm....that doesn't sound promising. I assume you've sat in full size 570/1000s to be able to say that. Looked at the can am commanders as well, but do like the width...and price... of the SP...hopefully can still find some to sit in locally for confirmation

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
For anyone who cares, another dealership near me got a few in, and I got to go test drive today. A few surprises. Definitely a smaller cab, but I knew that going in. However, the dash is further forward, and there is no raised spot for your left foot, so it's actually more comfortable for my left leg than the full size options, but when I sat in a trail boss, it was marginally more comfortable....but not so marginally more expensive. I'm looking at a used Defender as my last comparison before I spring for the 570, but I do like the narrower/shorter/lighter profile for what I'm planning on using it for. Thanks for all your input

· Registered
2 Posts
Well I am looking at a 570 as well but am 6’3…..so If I am hearing you correctly there was plenty of room for you at 6’6?

For anyone who cares, another dealership near me got a few in, and I got to go test drive today. A few surprises. Definitely a smaller cab, but I knew that going in. However, the dash is further forward, and there is no raised spot for your left foot, so it's actually more comfortable for my left leg than the full size options, but when I sat in a trail boss, it was marginally more comfortable....but not so marginally more expensive. I'm looking at a used Defender as my last comparison before I spring for the 570, but I do like the narrower/shorter/lighter profile for what I'm planning on using it for. Thanks for all your input

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well I am looking at a 570 as well but am 6’3…..so If I am hearing you correctly there was plenty of room for you at 6’6?
Plenty is probably overstating it. I had two inches between my knees and the dashboard, but significantly more comfortable seating position for my left leg as compared to basically anything else other than one of the exclusive trail buggies with super low seating. I drove fairly aggressively and didn't knock my knees at all, plenty of room in and out with the steering wheel adjusted up. Probably would purchase the ThrottleMaxx attachment to make the gas pedal a little more ergonomic. But as always YMMV

· Registered
2 Posts
Well that is good news for us guys over 6ft. What did you think on the power side of things?
Plenty is probably overstating it. I had two inches between my knees and the dashboard, but significantly more comfortable seating position for my left leg as compared to basically anything else other than one of the exclusive trail buggies with super low seating. I drove fairly aggressively and didn't knock my knees at all, plenty of room in and out with the steering wheel adjusted up. Probably would purchase the ThrottleMaxx attachment to make the gas pedal a little more ergonomic. But as always YMMV

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well that is good news for us guys over 6ft. What did you think on the power side of things?
I was under the watchful eye of the salesman but there was actually more than I expected, my most recent experience was my cousin's Commander 1000 so it wasn't quite that, but it's also considerably lighter and smaller so I couldn't even put the pedal the whole way down safely making the turns in the lot/little side lot they have without tearing their lawn to hell or rolling the thing. More than I expected. Tested a Mule MX a few weeks ago and it had waaaaay more pickup than that.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts