Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 2013 polaris ranger 500 efi midsize. I have taken it out for a bunch of trail riding. For me, it's half a trail riding machine, half hunting/fishing travel machine. I go through some gnarly trails. Does anyone carry a spare? Is it that big of a concern? Which size spare do people suggest carrying if anything since there are two tire sizes? What are people's thoughts on that?

·
Super Moderator
2,422 Posts
I carry a tire plugging kit and air pump. Hardly ever need them.

You might try that first and see if you really need a spare.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Recently switched from a Sportsman 500 X2 to a Ranger 700 XP. Years on the X2 only carried the plug & pump but never needed it on really trail and terain, however always worried as I really was far in, but took care as I could see hazzards and tires easily from the saddle.

My son got stuck back in with rock bruise leak/hole to the sidewall on one of his tires on a Rino. Now he carries a spare.

Now I carry a spare front wheel for the Ranger to get back on. Have not decided on a mount system yet, but put a 2" front receiver on to use my winch front and rear, so I will probably use that some how.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Better to be ready for anything. At least a good pump. I have problems knocking the bead off the rim with tire low air pressure.

·
Registered
16 Posts
My buddy found a jack that inflates from the exhaust of your machine.and has that and a mounted spare tire on his ranger! Fold able star bar
Could be very hand y as well ...I would like to build my own spare tire rack..for my ranger!:)

·
Registered
194 Posts
If you are going to carry a spare, a spare front tire would be the best option. It can be mounted on any of the 4 places. A rear tire mounted on the front may rub when turning if it is a wide style, but a front tire mounted on the back would never cause any problems.

·
Registered
10 Posts
If you carry a spare, make it a front for the 2011-13 Ranger 500. Don't know about other Rangers, but the stock rear has too much width inside - wont fit on front unless you have spacers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts