Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a new 2015 Polaris Ranger 570 Full Size at work. Well the goofs we bought it from per my insistent superiors request put a 15mph limiter on it. BS because we have golf carts that go 20mph here let alone an all terrain vehicle. So im wondering how to edit/remove the limiter. Is it as simple as reprogramming the internal ecu via some sort of OBDII port? Or is there a manual control unit somewhere to edit the EFI system.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Or make sure they didn't try to get tricky and disconect the wire harness for the seat belt behind the seat.

·
Registered
61 Posts
And I was test driving a 2016 Ranger XP570 the other day and rev limiter was kicking in even though I had my seatbelt on?! We figured out that the middle seat belt had to be fastened - that took care of it and the little seat belt icon on the dash went out.

It appears that if that icon is on - the rev limiter will be in effect.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2016 FS and the Rev limiter kicks in at 10-15 mph when driver SB is not connected. There are 3 simple opinions to overcome the interlock. Attach sezt belt but then it hits you in the back and you have to loosen bolt and lay it over. Secondly purchase a jumper ($18) from your dealer and plug in molded connection under seat. I opted for making my own jumper from a piece of copper I stripped out of a scarp piece of coax cable. The diameter fit perfect in existing molded plug. I then got tie wrap and secured to a bracket under the seat. I so taped up the open end of the female end of the seat belt wiring connector to prevent particulates contaminating connector. Good luck and throttle up.

·
Registered
1 Posts
speed limiter

This is an older thread, but still rings true. I am a new owner to the Ranger and thought it was going to have to go into the shop, put my seat belt on and suddenly could go faster than 15 miles per hour. Thank you

·
Registered
24 Posts
New 2019 Ranger XP 900... on level road speed settles out at 50 mph if gas pedal put to the floor. Can briefly exceed this but will always settle back to 50...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts