Polaris Ranger Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Driving along heading to the deer stand as I’ve done hundreds of times before and wham! The engine stopped pulling and wrench light came on.

Key off, key on in neutral, switch to either F or R and hit the accelerator. Machine moves forward 4 inches then clunks out.

Key off, key in N, switch to F or R and just barely touch the accelerator, the machine creeps at 1/2 mph.

Let it sit for 10 minutes, accelerates normal then wham! Motor stops pulling and cycle continues.

Fault code is 11 blinks. I understand that could be 3 things.

2 with the motor and 1 with the encoder. Further research suggest the speed sensor may be the culprit.

Do any of you know of this situation? Did the speed sensor resolve your issues?

Motor is new because I’m an idiot that submerged my machine last year. Doubtful it’s the motor but again, I’m an idiot.

Thanks.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Mine did the same thing this past summer. I was getting 2 blinks only. Dealer ran diagnostics and found a bad petal transmitter and replaced the the petal assembly that sends a signal to the controller then the drive motor. Solved my problem. The link has some other possible causes that may help. Dead in the woods

Reactions: VaughnSparks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Driving along heading to the deer stand as I’ve done hundreds of times before and wham! The engine stopped pulling and wrench light came on.

Key off, key on in neutral, switch to either F or R and hit the accelerator. Machine moves forward 4 inches then clunks out.

Key off, key in N, switch to F or R and just barely touch the accelerator, the machine creeps at 1/2 mph.

Let it sit for 10 minutes, accelerates normal then wham! Motor stops pulling and cycle continues.

Fault code is 11 blinks. I understand that could be 3 things.

2 with the motor and 1 with the encoder. Further research suggest the speed sensor may be the culprit.

Do any of you know of this situation? Did the speed sensor resolve your issues?

Motor is new because I’m an idiot that submerged my machine last year. Doubtful it’s the motor but again, I’m an idiot.

Thanks.
Vaughn,did you ever figure this out ? mine is doing the same thing.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mine ended up being a loose connection under the dash and a burned up switch. I spent thousands of dollars for a $20 fix.

Speed sensor, accelerator, dc converter, and batteries. In the end, it was a stupid switch.

I was going to need new batteries in a year anyway so it wasn’t a total bust.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Mine ended up being a loose connection under the dash and a burned up switch. I spent thousands of dollars for a $20 fix.

Speed sensor, accelerator, dc converter, and batteries. In the end, it was a stupid switch.

I was going to need new batteries in a year anyway so it wasn’t a total bust.
That's what I'll look at if speed sensor is good. Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
It’s a shame ,been to two Polaris dealers they never did figure it out. I’ve already replaced pedal,throttle sensor, contactor, and controller,got too much in it to give up. Waiting on speed sensor now.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This issue seems to be relatively common just reading some of the posts on this forum. Personally, I have a brand new 2021 EV with only 5.5 hours on it and I have already had the same issue with one exception, when mine fails, the controller is blinking 3 flashes. I took it to the dealer last Friday and they said pulled data from the machine and coordinated with Polaris and they said it was the F-N-R switch in the dash. Of course, they did not have the switch in stock and since I am 2.5 hours from the dealer, I ordered one and installed it myself. Well, no difference, I still have the issue. Tomorrow morning, I will make the long 2.5 hour drrive back to the dealer to see what their guess is this time. I must say this is extremely annoying on a machine that costs roughtly $14k and it is already failing with 5.5 hours on it. Does anyone have any experience with this issue where the controller is blinking 3 flashes?

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
i had 2 carts with this issue but one FNR switch. When o swapped switches from old to new the cart drove and ran normal. I had a caroling switch, Double pole Double throw. The pins are the same. Installed in place of Polaris switch and works fine. 65.00 or 20.00. The owner said he could remember which is F and R.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts