Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a ‘17 XP900 a couple days ago. Today was the first day I got to really run it. Ran fine for first 3/4 of a mile, shut machine off for a few minutes. When I started it back up, had check engine light and Ranger would not go over 10 mph tops. Upon further inspection the engine codes were 0-65613-2 and 0-91-3. Previous owner had accelerator pedal/assembly replaced recently. I was frustrated that a machine I have barely drove had broke down so I didn’t investigate much until I had time to cool down. Is there anything I should be looking for specifically on the accelerator assembly, wiring harness besides the obvious water intrusion/short? It’s hard to believe a relatively new pedal assembly would malfunction in a matter of months. The machine in question did have a fair amount of snow on the floor boards when I brought it home. I had it in a heated shop to melt off overnight. It that all the more moisture it would take for it to act up? Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Everything I've read on other forums about the same problem points towards a bad throttle pedal, or bad connections to it. Seems to be happening to the newer Rzr's too.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Everything I've read on other forums about the same problem points towards a bad throttle pedal, or bad connections to it. Seems to be happening to the newer Rzr's too.
Just seems odd it would be the pedal again after being done maybe 3 months ago by previous owner. But anything is possible anymore I suppose. I’ll pay special attention to the connectors for sure

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Solution: it was the 3 month old pedal. Took the pedal out of my Ranger and plugged it into my brother-in-law’s Ranger and it immediately threw the same codes it was showing on mine. Put his pedal into my Ranger and it runs great. Time to get a new pedal. 2nd time this Ranger has needed a new pedal. Hope it doesn’t make a habit out of it

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are you running in deep water?
No, I hadn’t. I can’t answer for the previous owner, but he mainly used it for ice fishing supposedly. It’s back up and running like a top now thankfully.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts