Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody else's 570 sputtering around 4k rpm. Mine does and it really annoys me. Runs absolutely purrrfect until 3800 then barely sputters then clears up at 4100. Tried a ngk plug with no improvement. Seems like it leans out or something. Plug checks good visually. It had 4 miles on it when i bought it. Has done since day one. Hoped it was just a break in thing but i now have 25 hrs on it and about 150 miles. Any suggestions before i take it in. Its still under warranty. Thanks in advance. By the way, i am a newbie here. This is my maiden voyage.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Haven't had that problem with mine. She runs like a dream. Looks like you are at the break in period; have you changed the oil and filters yet?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am going to do that this weekend. I called a dealer, who i didn't buy it from, and the service guy said he lives pretty close to me. He is going to come by my house on his way home and check the fuel pressure and compression. Talk about customer service. There are not many people willing to go out of their way anymore. I will post what he comes up with later.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Decided to just take it to dealer today. One of the techs went for a ride with me. Its spits and sputters a little around 3900 rpm. We pulled it in the shop and checked the compression...all good, checked the fuel pressure...all good, he cleaned the air filter....didn't change, put in a couple different plugs with no change. He hooked it up to the computer and it showed everything was working correctly. These guys were very accomidating and let me watch everything and explained to me what they were doing in every step. He finally decided i would have to leave it there and he was gonna call polaris monday and talk to engineers. Said they had not encountered this before. He did agree it seemed lean because the exhaust got very hot during testing. On a positive note i am having 27" dirt tamers put on while its there

1 - 5 of 5 Posts