Polaris Ranger Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,873 Posts
How many quarts of oil do these engines hold?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2011 Crew that keeps Staling on me when I come to a stop. It will start up and idle just fine and it will ride fine but when I come to a stop it stalls. I changed the oil, air filter, spark plug, and switched over to non ethanol gas. I also just put in some fuel injection cleaner so time wl tell with that. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
353 Posts
Most of you guys are having issues that are probably not the result of fuel "gumming" as you use your utes frequently enough.

That said, if you ever leave your vehicle sit for extended periods, carbs dry out, especially in summer. I had repeated problems with my motorcycles and used to take them in for carb clean outs. Not any more. Fuel injection systems have tighter tolerances and love it as well.

Red Line Fuel Treatment has more detergent than you can find anywhere else. I loaded up a tank on a bike that would barely run. After it sat for a couple days it would start and run. A week later, after a few heating-cooling cycles and a little fuel flow, the thing runs like new. I use it in all my bikes, my cars and my 900. Cheap insurance.

I usually frown on "liquid magic sauce" solutions but I am here to tell you: It works. No wonder it gets nearly five stars on Amazon.

[ame]http://smile.amazon.com/Red-Line-60103-Complete-Cleaner/dp/B000CPI5Z0/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1445345657&sr=1-1&keywords=red+line+fuel+treatment[/ame]

It may not be the solution to your current issue but, it will sure avoid problems down the road and keep your fuel system running at peak efficiency.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mine does the same thing as csride. It will start and idle just fine. Runs great. Come to a stop and it dies. Starts right back up and runs fine but it's kind of annoying to have to restart it every time I stop in a trail.

·
Registered
33 Posts
2016 ranger 900 when engine temp is below 95 degrees it idles rough and will stall out if you give it throttle.
What i have checked.
1) tmap checked with known good from other machine.
2) spark plugs changes.
3) never run ethanol gas
4) ran some injectror cleaner
5) battery is good
6) changed oil
7) changed air filter

any thought on what else to check>
I heat the tmap sensor pig tail can go bad, but i jiggle it and nothing get worse or changes.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same issue with my 2011 Polaris Ranger XP. I took it to Weeks Polaris. The service manager new exactly what to do. The replaced the fuel pump, the breaker that goes to the cooling fan and reflashed the ECU. Problem solved. Fan will come on at 206 degrees and will go off at 194 degrees.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did you ever figure out a root cause? Mine runs alright in neutral but when you put it in gear and give it throttle in bangs out, bucks and acts goofy.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2012 Bobcat 3400 which entertains a Polaris engine and am having the same issues with stalling.I was plowing snow for about 40 minutes and f was as far as I could be from my garage
when she started missing and then just quit. started and idled rough then quit. By the time I got back up the driveway and came back with my tractor she started and I nursed it back home.
At thois point I do not have clue whats going on.This is the second time this has occurred . It almost appears to be vapor lock.just saying

·
Registered
150 Posts
There are so many possibilities to think of without being able to look at something.
Like , do you pressure wash your bike.

Do you take in in water very deep.
Do you run at least 89 octane fuel in it.
Do you keep fuel stabilizers in the fuel.
Have you don't any wiring on the bike..
How long ago was the air filter checked.
And are you positively sure the air filter area is perfectly sealed so nothing can get into it .

The guys at good shops can tell a lot faster. because they do this day in and day out

21 - 30 of 30 Posts