Polaris Ranger Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 polaris ranger xp 700 it starts but will not stay runing I checked fuil pump and all lines running up to carb checked preasure its right at 39 lbs itook tmap out and cleaned it with crc high presure senser cleaner I took injecters out and cleaned them put back in a listened to them with stethiscope seem to be opening and closeing any body out there have any sugestens help!!! I don't know if maybe its the tps I don't have the right tool to test

·
Registered
861 Posts
05 700 wont stay running

I have a 2005 polaris ranger xp 700 it starts but will not stay runing I checked fuil pump and all lines running up to carb checked preasure its right at 39 lbs itook tmap out and cleaned it with crc high presure senser cleaner I took injecters out and cleaned them put back in a listened to them with stethiscope seem to be opening and closeing any body out there have any sugestens help!!! I don't know if maybe its the tps I don't have the right tool to test
Hi D., With that kind of fuel pressure, I'm going to assume that "carb" is a throttle body,Polaris ATV Parts 2005 R05RD68AA RANGER XP THROTTLE BODY MOUNTING Diagram which has a adapter (#Eight on the schematic ) with a plasic two bolt flange at the connection point. I would check that adapter, especially the flange for cracking. I have seen them sucking vacuum and leaning out so bad they will start but won't come off idle . The upper "boot" can also rip/crack causing a leak. :cool:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks islander for the response it starts up idles for a few seconds and then just dies it does the same thing if I hit the gas peddle and get the rpms up it only runs for a few seconds you thinke a vacume leak inthe boot would cause that Thanks Again for the response!!!!

·
Registered
861 Posts
05 700 wont stay running

Thanks islander for the response it starts up idles for a few seconds and then just dies it does the same thing if I hit the gas peddle and get the rpms up it only runs for a few seconds you thinke a vacume leak inthe boot would cause that Thanks Again for the response!!!!
If you have cracking it will be fairly obvious and it will be sucking in dirt and debris with it and if the adapter has never been replaced, it would be a miracle if it isn't cracked by now.. More common problem with that symptom is low fuel pressure 99 out of 100 times (BAD PUMP/PLUGGED FILTERS/etc) but your SURE that yours is good. I would try to eliminate things one by one before getting into chaffed or broken TPS and TMAP wires etc. Have you got any codes ?

·
Registered
1 Posts
were you ever able to find the problem?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm David and i have a 2019 polaris ranger 150 and it won't idle,it starts but dies immediately,I cleaned the stater area and all components there,removed gas and installed new gas,replaced spark plug,checked compression and its at 125psi, removed fuel injector and its shooting out plenty of gas at start,I don't know where to go from here,can someone give me an idea please

1 - 6 of 6 Posts