Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
You can run 27" swamplites with out a lift. I am ruuning them and the only mod to the supension is I have adjustable preloaders on the front. have no rubbed yet.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
He is correct 27" with no lift, without the preloaders might rub when hitting bumps,etc. About the pros and cons, just depends on what you like to do. I like climbing waterfalls, and going over bolders so I like the added clearance of the lift and larger tires. Small tires, performce stays the same. Large tires you will reduce the speed a little.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
caglezxj said:
He is correct 27" with no lift, without the preloaders might rub when hitting bumps,etc. About the pros and cons, just depends on what you like to do. I like climbing waterfalls, and going over bolders so I like the added clearance of the lift and larger tires. Small tires, performce stays the same. Large tires you will reduce the speed a little.
Can you point me in the direction of the preloaders?

How much speed reduction going to the 27's?

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Not much to 27's maybe a few mph, but go to 29.5 I would say about 5-10 add a windshield and that cuts you on back. I get about 40-45 top speed with everything on mine including the windshield.

Josh

·
Registered
24 Posts
Got the preloaders on ebay from breese lawn and garden.

·
Registered
66 Posts
caglezxj said:
Not much to 27's maybe a few mph, but go to 29.5 I would say about 5-10 add a windshield and that cuts you on back. I get about 40-45 top speed with everything on mine including the windshield.

Josh
What kind of engine mods are you running? I'm willing to bet we could speed that thing up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts