Polaris Ranger Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
I haven’t lost any stations on mine since I installed it.

Did you run the camera to the back? If so, how did you run the wire? I broke the wire trying to pull it to the back. They sent me a new one for free but I haven’t tried to install it yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I didn't install the camera. On my system I would probably need an extra screen.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Here's what I use. No it doesn't have all the bling like the camera , Bluetooth,app connectablity, weather band and such like the TNT, it's a simple great sounding bullet proof am fm stereo with less to go wrong. It intrgrates with the dash well and I really didn't need the two extra cupholders anyway...oh yeah.. it's a lot less expensive too!
This is the same system I installed. Can you post a picture of your power block? I understand the Yellow wire is the one that helps store the station somehow.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Here's what I use. No it doesn't have all the bling like the camera , Bluetooth,app connectablity, weather band and such like the TNT, it's a simple great sounding bullet proof am fm stereo with less to go wrong. It intrgrates with the dash well and I really didn't need the two extra cupholders anyway...oh yeah.. it's a lot less expensive too!
I think this may be the same audio system I was looking at. How difficult was this to install? If I get a new Ranger, I was thinking about adding something like this fairly soon after purchase.

·
Registered
2019 XP1000 Camo
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I hooked my backup camera today. It won’t come on when I put it in reverse. It’ll come on if I push the camera button. Any ideas? I checked all my connections.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've owned my 2020 Ranger XP crew for about a year now and I've been researching heavily to decide which stereo system I wanted to install. Ultimately it came down to the fact that I really didn't want to eliminate the cupholders that so many stereo options would end up doing. I found this one that has integrated the receiver on a stock cupholder that was modified in order for it to fit. It's clean, works perfectly, has all the bells and whistles to add on more if wanted, like subs, backup cameras, more speakers, etc.

Currently all I have installed to the receiver are 2 - 6.5" speakers that fit nicely in the lower left and right speaker compartments. Just a bracket that goes over those pockets and you're all set. It's incredibly loud, but just doesn't have enough bass. I'm not looking to rumble the ground, but it would be nice to have crisp clean lows and more range. I'm going to probably end up finding a subwoofer solution in the near future. Unfortunately the only place I've seen people mounting subs is in the underseat open storage area. Not the biggest deal, but I do like having that hole there, I keep a small tool bag down there.

Here is the link to the stereo:

One last thing, the only other issue I really have is that the stereo doesn't stay on when you turn the Ranger off. It does work when the key is in the "on" position, but when your Ranger is on and running, then turned off, there is no way to just half turn the key so that the power stays on. It completely turns off, then you turn the key back to the "on" position, then you're good to go with power to the stereo. I'm sure it's just a matter of changing up the wiring on how I have power to the unit. Currently it is powered through the power bus under the front hood. Any suggestions on an easy fix? Or how to wire this thing? I'd like to be able to run the stereo without the vehicle running, like when we pull up somewhere and just need some tunes.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have the same stereo you have and it really works well but what i don't like is when you shut the the machine off you always have to push the power button on when you start it up, and when you run the MP3 player you always start with the same song every time you start the Ranger.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the same stereo you have and it really works well but what i don't like is when you shut the the machine off you always have to push the power button on when you start it up, and when you run the MP3 player you always start with the same song every time you start the Ranger.
Yes you do have to turn the power on by pressing the on button or flipping a rocker switch (if you have it wired that way), but most UTV radios require some sort of powering on. I'm not aware of any acting like your road vehicles where they just pop back on with radio or resume media play.

As for the starting with same song, I don't use the MP3 player so not sure if there is a fix for you or what that's about. I just connect via Bluetooth to stream and it recognizes my device right away. Then I choose whatever I want to start with.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts