Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What does it take to make your Ranger street legal?

I have seen items and kits that claim to make the Ranger street legal. It is usually a blinker, a tag plate light, a horn and a rearview mirror.

I live in Florida and while at my local Polaris dealer today, I was told they could not be street legal. Has anyone made their vehicle ready for the street? Who inspects it and says it is ok for the street? I know on my MSO paperwork it said right on the front NOT STREET LEGAL, or something to that effect.

Lynerd

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Here in alabama if it has turn signals and you use the Orange Triangle that Farmers use you can drive them on the road. But it has to be for Farm Use.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Every state has different rules regarding street legal and even some towns or counties within a state may allow flexibility.

I know here in NY it is never possible to register any ATV/UTV for street legal use yet there are a few counties in the northern mountains of the adirondaks that allow us to ride on secondary roads between trail heads.

I believe in Montana you can get an RZR or Ranger street legal but I would doubt this if for actual highway use and is likely more for local roads and streets.

The farmers triangles will allow you to ride between land plots of your farm here in NY but those are quite stringent rules and most would never get the approval without actually owning an operating farm.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts