Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2015 570 mid size crew.

Went to change the oil today and the torx head stripped out. Best way to get out now?

Is there a better replacement?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Try This First

The casing and plugs are made of aluminum and are easily stripped if the wrong tool is used or too much force is applied. The drain plugs require either a 6 mm or 8mm torx wrench. Sounds as though you used a SAE wrench which is slightly smaller than the metric version. There are three possible solutions: First, get the proper size torx head and try tapping it in place. It may get enough of a "bite" to allow loosening the plug: Second, find a tool meant for just this purpose, and third, take it to a machine shop and let them loosen it. Get a replacement plug and a set of metric wrenches as all bolts and screws on the Polaris are metric.

·
Registered
21 Posts
You saying Polaris only uses metric bolts is not true. Trust me I failed a training video while I was working at a dealership because of one question that asked if Polaris used all sae, metric it both. I selected metric however not true Polaris uses SAE an metric.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
72 Posts
You saying Polaris only uses metric bolts is not true. Trust me I failed a training video while I was working at a dealership because of one question that asked if Polaris used all sae, metric it both. I selected metric however not true Polaris uses SAE an metric.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
One wrong question and you fail a polaris test ? Sheesh , they're tough - lol :ekk:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts