Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I received my order from Super ATV and hope to start the install today. I ordered the Extreme Front & Rear Bumper sets including the front & rear side guards and then I also added the nerf bar kit.

I'll try and take some pictures as I go and give a detailed description. These products look very, very much like the one's available from Polaris but the price is ALOT less.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I've been at those myself, please let me know how they turn out.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Yes, pictures are good, I'd like to see how they look!

·
Registered
181 Posts
I just bought a new front bumper and Brushgaurds from Super ATV and install was easy!!!

Mark

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
He has great products and by everyone that has purchased from him knows he is a stand up guy. He is very busy and the best way to reach him is through his e-bay store. I will have some product pictures up for him soon.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well to this point my opinion of the parts is not all that favorable. I have a call in to SuperATV as of Saturday with no response yet (they may be closed on the weekend). I will post more after I speak with them.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have just spoken with SuperATV and they will be sending me 2 replacement parts. I will post photos of the complete install once the replacement parts are here and installed.

Let's start from the top. Shipping from them was prompt and the items arrived well packaged. Interestingly the boxes had "Made in China" printed pretty large on them.....I believe that was a bad omen.

My 08 Ranger XP came with the Polaris brushguard and headlight protectors as well as the regular rear bumper. We were removing these to install on my partners 08 Ranger and adding the Extreme kits to mine given the amount of time I'm in the trees etc hunting, cutting wood etc. First thing that came to mind was the difference in weight on the Polaris guard I was removing vs the one from SuperATV that I was installing.....new one weighed alot less. All went according the plans, though I have to admit that the included install instructions are very, very limited in scope..you better be able to visualize. First problem came with installing the upper hood protector as the passenger side hoop was cracked all the way through the metal on the outside radius. Second problem came with the drivers side fender protector as the radius bend was off so much that it left it 2" from being able to bolt up to the attaching point under the access cover......passenger side went on just fine.

On to the rear install. The rear bumper was a pretty easy install as it was virtually identical to the Polaris one that I removed. The issues came on installing the bed protectors. I was finally able to get the passenger side part to line up with the bolt locations after alot of twisting, tugging and a bit of pounding (keep in mind that I left all the rear attaching bolts loose to give me some wiggle room so to speak). Well onto the drivers side is where the real fun began. I simply could not get the bed protector to slide over the rear bumper attaching point anywhere near far enough to get even close to under bed bolt up positions. After about an hour on this one part I finally cut about 1.25" off the bumper attaching point to allow the bed protector to slide on far enough. It may just be me but that seems like quite a bit for a bolt on kit.

Installed the nerf bars and was quite pleased with both the material and the installation ease....it went really smooth and seems very secure.

So here is where I stand. They are sending me a new drivers side front fender guard & the replacement piece of the hood protector. A few more comments: First, the quality of the nuts, bolts etc is substandard in my opinion, they are light weight and will strip with minimal torque. I will be replacing each and every bolt on the kit in the very near future at my expense. Second, the design of the front hood protector has such sloppy tolerances that I think if a limb smacks the protector there is still enough play that the plastic is still likely to be damaged.

I had planned on ordering another one of these kits for another of my partners if this one was of good quality. Well to say the least that order won't be placed. In fact I'm not sure I will leave this stuff on my Ranger for very long as I don't have alot of confidence in it to do the job it is supposed to do. I guess the old adage of "you get what you pay for" is still alive and strong as this kit was half the price I would have payed for Polaris parts. Pick your poison......pay now or redo it later.

James

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
I hate to hear the luck you had with your shipment. For most people and myself it keeps limbs and other objects off the hood, and for the nuts and bolts I did not see a problem. Some of the other products you have had problems with I don't know. All I have heard is good things. And it does sound like they reshiped your items pretty quick.

Josh

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
caglezxj said:
I hate to hear the luck you had with your shipment. For most people and myself it keeps limbs and other objects off the hood, and for the nuts and bolts I did not see a problem. Some of the other products you have had problems with I don't know. All I have heard is good things. And it does sound like they reshiped your items pretty quick.

Josh
Josh,

The customer service on shipping and reshipping haven't been a problem and they were pleasant on the phone. Maybe they changed suppliers on the hardware since you ordered I don't know. If I didn't know better I would say that some of the bolts I received are aluminum.....they are very, very light weight.

Replacement parts are supposed to be here tomorrow. I will attempt the install then and I guess leave the stuff on for awhile....pretty big bullet to bite to just junk it and start over....though at this point that would be my preference, except for the nerf bars.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Replacement parts arrived today.....will either get them on today or tomorrow and give an update then.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I am very shocked to hear that your items were so hard to install. I just bought the front pushbar and brushgaurd assembly from Super ATV and had it installed in less than an hour. All of the fasteners (bolts) were standard Zinc plated grade 2 bolts with nylon lock nuts.. I torqued them pretty good. If your fasteners were aluminum they would strip easily. If they were aluminum they would weigh next to NOTHING, However if they were heat treated aluminum they would be very strong..

Mark

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Installed the new parts last night. The upper hoop of the brush guard was a piece of cake as the last one fit fine but had the crack.

I still had an issue with the drivers side fender protector. Holding it like a mirror to the passenger side it looks exactly the same but the fit is still off. I "massaged" it into place but something just isn't right as it looks to be about an inch short of what is needed. I then thought that maybe my factory bumper had an issue but after doing some measuring both sides seem to be identical (at least within 1/8" or so).

Passenger Side that fits fine:

Drivers Side that is the issue:

·
Registered
50 Posts
If you get this figured out I would sure like to know. I have been ready to pull the trigger on a guard and am looking at the same product. Please keep the post going until you decide what the issue may be.

Thanks,
Lynerd :-\

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Lynerd said:
If you get this figured out I would sure like to know. I have been ready to pull the trigger on a guard and am looking at the same product. Please keep the post going until you decide what the issue may be.

Thanks,
Lynerd :-\
I was out in the garage last night trying to figure out what the heck the deal is and other than improperly made parts I can't come up with anything else......the measurements on the stock parts that this stuff slips into or bolts onto are within 1/8" and I'm way off of that.

My suggestion? Spend the money and buy the Polaris stuff or find another aftermarket company that you can get some advance recommendations from on quality and fit.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
I have the same brushguard and I am very happy with it. I think you must have got some bad products shipped. Mine is in the header picture for this site, and I can take more pictures if anyone is interested. I am not trying to take up for a sponsor. I would buy his products again if I buy another Ranger. You will find that a lot of Polaris stuff is the same quality, cause I have purchased there products for my ATV's. However I purchased a name brand reciever hitch for my wife 4 runner. It was suppose to bolt on. Well after having to remove the spare tire, and fabbing up parts to make it work it is o.k. I had already got into to much time with it to stop and then cost me to send it back. However contacting the company and sending them pictures of my problem they sent me a box with free shipping to send it back. You can get bad products, and it is not right but we are all humans and make mistakes. Harold has always worked out for many members here and on PRC. And don't tell members not to buy from this sponsor. Tell them about the products, and the issues you had. And like in the rules try to resolve all problems through the sponsor before making post. I am sure if you was that unhappy he would take it all back. Thanks for your post but keep everything in line with the rules.

Josh

·
Registered
373 Posts
I see you Ranger is pretty new. Is it possible that you machines frame got tweeked. It the measure the same, and it looks like it is off about an inch, something doesn't come out right??

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
I have experienced almost the identicle problems with pure polaris parts just as you describe!

I think it is possible you might have received parts that don't meet the quality control standards for that accessory. A simple thing like a bend not correct could cause this mismatch and those are very hard to see at the factory.

My wife worked for Bausch & Lombs as the QC inspector making the famous Ray Ban sun glasses. As hard as they tried, still some got thru that would not be the quality they should have been.

Please work with this Sponsor to get this resolved and I sure wish I could be there to look and see for myself what the mis match might be.

In regards to the cheaper Chinese hardware, I can't agree with you more! We are being barraged with inferior junk and even in my carpentry business, I can't go to Home Depot and find simple stuff like a good dry wall screw that won't strip the head.

My Pure Polaris 3500 pound winch came with this junk and we broke a bolt for mounting the winch to the plate.
Took an additional 2 hours to get it out and re tapped for service.

As much as I want to buy american, it is nearly impossible these days and don't even look at the fine print on just about every part on your american made Polaris machine, it could probably speak chinese and a few other languages.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
GRAZOR said:
I have experienced almost the identicle problems with pure polaris parts just as you describe!

I think it is possible you might have received parts that don't meet the quality control standards for that accessory. A simple thing like a bend not correct could cause this mismatch and those are very hard to see at the factory.

My wife worked for Bausch & Lombs as the QC inspector making the famous Ray Ban sun glasses. As hard as they tried, still some got thru that would not be the quality they should have been.

Please work with this Sponsor to get this resolved and I sure wish I could be there to look and see for myself what the mis match might be.

In regards to the cheaper Chinese hardware, I can't agree with you more! We are being barraged with inferior junk and even in my carpentry business, I can't go to Home Depot and find simple stuff like a good dry wall screw that won't strip the head.

My Pure Polaris 3500 pound winch came with this junk and we broke a bolt for mounting the winch to the plate.
Took an additional 2 hours to get it out and re tapped for service.

As much as I want to buy american, it is nearly impossible these days and don't even look at the fine print on just about every part on your american made Polaris machine, it could probably speak chinese and a few other languages.
very well said!

·
Registered
181 Posts
GRAZOR said:
I Work in a bolt manufacturing company in IN and we have 3 sister companies; 2 in Cleveland and 1 in Martin, TN and we are all struggling with loosing business to China. We have been forced to turn parts around in less and 12 to 15 days and waste no $$, I mean nothing! Just to compete. If everyone in the US knew how much was made in China and repacked to US boxes they would be surprised!!

Mark

1 - 20 of 34 Posts