Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There was a thread last fall on the SuperATV 570 midsize Ranger ecu tuner upgrade they were coming out with. I was this close to buying one on their Black Friday sale, then decided to see how they worked out first. SO...anyone here get one?? If so how'd it work out? Good bang for the buck?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK...not that I don't trust you (wink, wink), but anyone try it that isn't the developer/seller, LOL? Not that you'd be biased right? Kind of looking for some performance specifics, a little more info than "it's nuts" type of information. Stage 1 or 2, which upgrade part really stood out, etc. Thanks

·
Vendor
407 Posts
Lol!!! Maybe a little biased. :ROFLMAO: I'll sit back and let others chime in. I was mostly impressed with the midrange power and throttle control. I haven't found the top speed on the road yet. It shot right up to 60 quick before I ran out of room and had to let off the throttle.

·
Registered
50 Posts
How about these for specs for a 2018 570 Mid:
PRODUCT DESCRIPTION
Gilomen Innovations has spent many hours developing and testing our 2015+ Polaris 570 Ranger and 570 Ranger Crew G7 ECM Flash tune. Great gains have been achieved thru ECM tuning alone. Many people do not realize that the Polaris ranger models are extremely de-tuned from the factory. The stock ECU only allows 45- 50mph top speed depending on model on these 570 models. Top speeds can exceed 60mph after this tune. Performs great on regular gas and even better on premium 91 octane. All engine protections have been left intact. The cooling fan on and off temp is lowered from 20 degrees to keep your engine running cooler and lasting longer. Rev limiters are raised, speed limiters eliminated.

Features:
-100% throttle in High, Low, and Reverse Gear
-All Torque Limiters Disabled
-Professionally developed timing maps for peak performance on pump gas
-Professionally developed fuel maps
-Fan settings 20 degrees lower to keep engine running cool and lasting longer
-Seat-belt limiter disabled
-RPM limiter raised to a safe 8200 RPM
-Speed limiters eliminated
-Engine protections left in place
-Retains Turf mode on equipped models
-Heater function works 100% if equipped

·
Registered
50 Posts
Super ATV is a little more vague:
Flash, Gas, and Go
You love to cruise around and get work done on your Polaris Ranger 570 Midsize, but it never packs the punch you need. It will once you get SuperATV’s Hand Held ECU Tuner. With zero effort and almost no time, you can take your Ranger 570 from mild to wild with increased speed, horsepower, and torque. You’ll feel like you have a brand new machine.

Unleash Your Real Ranger 570

Our ECU Flash Tunes change every aspect of your engine's performance. We up the rev limit, tweak the spark timings, and so much more. You get a more responsive throttle and a machine that’s easier to use. Not to mention, you’ll smile from ear to ear when you hit the gas and unleash your machine’s true potential.

The Best R&D Around

It takes hard work, a lot of time, and years of experience to make a tune worth putting on your UTV. We put each tune through it’s paces with rigorous dyno testing and countless hours subjecting them to real world rides. At the end of all that hard work, you get a meticulously crafted tune that makes your Ranger 570 shine.

All tunes are dyno tested on 100% stock machines unless noted. Factory and aftermarket clutching and ECUs may behave differently in extreme changes to environment, such as temperature and altitude.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So, I assume you're shilling for Gilomen instead of contributing an answer to my direct, specific question?? No thanks. And by the way, your statement that SuperATV is vague is not true...they list specs on the website on each ecu. Is telemarketing your day job??

·
Registered
326 Posts
Yeah, great topic. The manufacturer giving a little real world results getting called biased. I get it, but its still information. Another member posting up two different tunes for comparison sakes getting called a telemarketer. And two 570 owners with rashes on their girl parts, and one in the background giving thumbs up.

Here's an idea. Why dont one of you 3 get off your wallet and be a trailblazer and let the rest of us know how it performs? Might help with your menstrual cramps.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I may bite on this and get a stage one, the throttle control is what I am mostly looking for. My 570 seems quite jumpy. When pulling into the shed and I have a few inches to go, not sure if I will get those few inches or a few feet.

When I get it tuned up I will post back with my comments.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have a 2019 Ranger 570 Midsize that I've been very impressed with. It's done everything I've wanted it to do and much more. If I would have wanted a hot rod I would have gotten the Razor. But, being old and retired (LOL) I thought I'd be better off with the Ranger. But it's human nature to want "more power" out of things too. So, I'm interested in the SuperATV ecu tuner. Have been since it came out. But I'd like to know what buyers have thought about it now that they've tried it. Specifics.

I was in no way, shape or form condemning SuperATV, hence the (wink, wink) and the LOL that was included. Did you miss that part? But seriously, of course SuperATV is biased. Who wouldn't be biased of their own product?? He should stand up for his product. Good for him! But with all due respect to him, I'm also genuinely interested in, once again, specifics. I get that it's nuts, I'd just like to know why.

In his second post, it appears that SuperATV understood what I was getting at and didn't seem to take offense with it. Better reading comprehension maybe? Then he got into specifics for me. Much appreciated.

Then you have the next post. I don't mind people offering their opinions on another product. But, this LOOKS like a seller trying to cut in to the front of the line. I can live with that too. But not the way it was presented. First, HIS glowing specs. Then, and even you'll have to admit, he made SuperATV's product look pretty dismal in comparison. I've looked at SuperATV's website more than once, and all the pertinent specs are plainly listed. In MY opinion, not at all what the poster is showing. NOT COOL. Don't care if the "other member" wants to post a comparison...fine, just don't post an obvious put down and call it a comparison.

And as far as the wallet statement...I like keeping my wallet closed as much as I can! If that classifies me as one of the "Poors" then so be it. I see no reason to waste money on things I don't really have a use for or need.

Hence, the request for information. Just like everyone else asks for on this site.

·
Registered
50 Posts
So, I assume you're shilling for Gilomen instead of contributing an answer to my direct, specific question?? No thanks. And by the way, your statement that SuperATV is vague is not true...they list specs on the website on each ecu. Is telemarketing your day job??
Just trying to help you out man--I'm a toolmaker by trade and don't "shill" for anyone. I haven't bought one yet as I am trying to decide which one is best and the differences between them.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Yeah, great topic. The manufacturer giving a little real world results getting called biased. I get it, but its still information. Another member posting up two different tunes for comparison sakes getting called a telemarketer. And two 570 owners with rashes on their girl parts, and one in the background giving thumbs up.

Here's an idea. Why dont one of you 3 get off your wallet and be a trailblazer and let the rest of us know how it performs? Might help with your menstrual cramps.
Ha! Amen brother. Just trying to understand the differences.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Lol!!! Maybe a little biased. :ROFLMAO: I'll sit back and let others chime in. I was mostly impressed with the midrange power and throttle control. I haven't found the top speed on the road yet. It shot right up to 60 quick before I ran out of room and had to let off the throttle.
Hey Super ATV---not trying to push one over the other as stated by the old and bitter dude--I got that info off the websites Just trying to ascertain the differences in specs between yours and Gilomen's. I do like the fact that yours can be used to reset the settings back to stock. Confusing is the rated HP improvement--some links say 2 and others say 10 so wondering about all the specs.
Love all your products!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
No problem Steve, I'm a big boy(adult). I can take a spanking...when I deserve it. Just find it odd. I've been on the fence about the SuperATV tuner and have been on the website several times trying to talk myself into it. I've always been able to see the table with all the comparative specs on it every time, and gone through it every time. But, like I stated before I guess it's all about reading comprehension. To me it sounded like a sales pitch you had. Sincerest apologies!!!

Now how about we get back on topic?? SuperATV's ecu anyone?

·
Registered
50 Posts
No problem Steve, I'm a big boy(adult). I can take a spanking...when I deserve it. Just find it odd. I've been on the fence about the SuperATV tuner and have been on the website several times trying to talk myself into it. I've always been able to see the table with all the comparative specs on it every time, and gone through it every time. But, like I stated before I guess it's all about reading comprehension. To me it sounded like a sales pitch you had. Sincerest apologies!!!

Now how about we get back on topic?? SuperATV's ecu anyone?
Thanks and no worries! I went back to SATV web page and now see the specs---I didn't scroll down far enough the first time. I see the RPM at 8,800 for Stage 2 and 8,200 for Gilomens. Also see fan settings about the same. Looks like they are comparable in some other ways but I'm looking for mostly performance improvements without the risk of blowing it up. I haul a lot of wood with mine and also ride the Hatfield.McCoy trails with a ton of supply's and the wife---so more torque to climb those hills would be welcome.
I also purchased a 5 year bumper to bumper coverage plan on my 2018 that I image would be void if I go with either tuner. This makes the SATV tuner a bit more desirable if I can set it back and leave no electronic indications that I ever changed it---but doing so would feel kinda---wrong. Anyway--I think I will talk with reps from both companies to get a better feel for each tuner.

·
Vendor
407 Posts
Hey Super ATV---not trying to push one over the other as stated by the old and bitter dude--I got that info off the websites Just trying to ascertain the differences in specs between yours and Gilomen's. I do like the fact that yours can be used to reset the settings back to stock. Confusing is the rated HP improvement--some links say 2 and others say 10 so wondering about all the specs.
Love all your products!
You really only see those giant HP gains on Turbo machines. For NA machines like the 570, the tunes remove the limiters and adjust the timing to get the most out of the NA motor...safely and efficiently. The NA motors can only make so much power...safely. Plus...another insider tip. Dyno numbers are easily manipulated and can vary wildly from dyno to dyno, and run to run. Your butt dyno is definitely going to notice the difference either way you go. I'm sure ours are right on par with each other, because there's really only so much you can get out of that motor. They're a good company. You really can't go wrong either way.
But...it is pretty convenient to be able to flash it back and forth all day, and not have your dealer every know about it.... ;)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts