Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone on here open trailer- ed with a superatv flip up windshield? I just received mine and it says right on the front of the instructions that it is not recommended
to open trailer with this windshield. I called before I ordered and they said it was ok at normal highway speeds. Any one have one? seems like it would bow in while driving.

·
Registered
21 Posts
if it is plexiglass then don't trailer it. the windshield will bow inward from the air driving down the road and come off, if you do tend to keep it, trailer it off the vech, or buy a glass windshield so the problem doesn't happen.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Has anyone on here open trailer- ed with a superatv flip up windshield? I just received mine and it says right on the front of the instructions that it is not recommended
to open trailer with this windshield. I called before I ordered and they said it was ok at normal highway speeds. Any one have one? seems like it would bow in while driving.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I don’t have THAT plexiglass windshield but I have A plexiglass windshield. I open trailer it all the time up to 80 and it’s fine. It has perhaps bowed a little but I don’t notice it.
I wouldn’t trailer it backwards.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I always remove my Polaris windshield when trailering. I wrap it in a moving blanket and put it in the back seat or in the truck bed. It takes 5 minutes to remove it or install. For the price of the dang thing I don't want to lose it off.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I can take my fold down off in less than 30 seconds and install in the same time. I never trailer with it on. It has 2 friction clip latches to secure in the down position when riding plus a back up rubber securing piece, but never use it.
I know one thing, I would not have one of these vehicles without a windshield. The plexiglass is soo forgiving in rough conditions.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts