Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I put myself in the shop the other day for some repair work ;D

I had Trigger finger sirgery on my left hand...ring finger!!! and Gary, it ain't from shooting too much :D

You develope a knot on the tendon in the palm of your hand, that is attached to a finger....you bend the finger, the knot goes up into a sheath, and locks up..........the knot will not release from the sheath, unless you force it!!! a simple proceedure.....cut the palm open, cut the sheath open, and sew it back up, and it's an instant 3-4 week vacation from work O0

it is kinda awkward being 1 handed, but it is my left, and I am right handed...although I can't do any work on the Ranger for a while.....got some a-arm guards to put on, and a few other minor things!! but on the bright side, am getting to spend a lot of time with the betterhalf...she is one helluva nurse O0 :smitten:

things did get off to a rocky start in the O R though...the nurse in Pre-op, missed the vien with the IV inlet..........so we were BSing and joking when My right hand literally caught on fire when the tech started the knock-out juice..........I mentioned that my hand was on fire, and he said yeah, it stings, and it's cold too.......I just said if it's cold, I can't feel it, cause my hand was on fire................he pulled the blanket off my hand and my right hand was HUGE!!!!! They went to apoligizing, and I said it's ok, things like this happen, just put out the fire O0 they got an new IV in my arm, and the next thing I remember, I was in Post-op with Kathy standing beside me :'( ;D

The swelling in the right hand is almost 100% gone today, and the swelling is going down in my left...and the feeling is returning there, so am letting the pain meds do their thing :D If nothing else, am catching up on my sleep!!!!! got outside today...pretty and sunny, so the cabin fever is going away also!!!!

I think Kathy is going to do some deer t-loin for supper, so that's gonna be good O0 O0

·
Registered
181 Posts
Hope you get to feeling better soon. A guy I work with had both thumbs done at the same time. We all joked about who would wipe him :2funny:

Mark

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Glad you are doing well. It is nothing like having someone to take care of you. My wife had never been to the hospital till a few months ago. She had to get her appendix out. I was scared and then I also had to take care of her. It is a different world when it happens to someone besides yourself. I am use to the hospital stuff and getting put under.

Josh

·
Registered
477 Posts
I had Trigger finger sirgery on my left hand...ring finger!!!
Whew.....that would put a halt to my upright bass thumpin' for a little while and I'd lose my well earned callous's. Hope you heal quickly.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Hope I don't end up with what you had. I do have a lump on both of my palms and about an inch and a half below my ring fingers. Gets to hurting pretty bad after doing alot of screwing---- The kind with a screw driver! :)

Never had any kind of lock up yet and have never discussed it with my Doc either.

Get well quick and enjoy your vacation.

Gary

·
Registered
635 Posts
Heal well fellow rider.
Gary you should let a hand surgeon look at that 4 days after mine I was riding my motorcycle again, and now its been just short of a year and I find myself checking the wrong hand sometimes, world of difference..

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Code said:
Heal well fellow rider.
Gary you should let a hand surgeon look at that 4 days after mine I was riding my motorcycle again, and now its been just short of a year and I find myself checking the wrong hand sometimes, world of difference..
Must be nice Blue!!! I can't even make a fist with mine!!! still can't straighten out the ring finger...could be, cause of the stitches..I get them out Thursday!!!! Do know it hurts like hello when ya bump something, or try to do something you aren't supposed to :tickedoff: tried to pick up a coke can and ooooouuuuucccchhhhh!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
635 Posts
Try diet coke much lighter, bbbbwwwwaaaaaaaa. You'll be alright bro, keep us posted

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
A buddy had Carpal Tunnel surgery a couple years ago and also said it was very painful for the first week or two after. His main complaint then was poor aim with his left hand in certain functions! :mad:

Now he is very glad he had it done because his hand used to fall asleep while riding his ATV or MC.

I think it took about a month before he was able to appreciate the repair and get back to doing things but he does swear he would do it all again if he had to.

Gary

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Google search Carpal Tunnel!

There is some sort of tunnel or channel where the nerves and blood vessels go through your wrist and into your hand. In laymans terms, they go in and ream it out to allow free flow.

I'm told it is caused by lots of repetative hand work so you may want to switch off every once in a while! :2funny:

So far my hands are fine but I am going blind like mom said! ;D

Gary

·
Registered
563 Posts
I hope you heal up real good! In my case if something goes wrong with me, I hope I die in my sleep like my granddad. Not kicking and screaming like his passengers.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Well Gary, that would explain me needing glasses now too and I'll try your advise. O0 :2funny: Anyway I hope everyone gets healed up in time to enjoy the summer.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts