Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, here she is, nothing Special...........the betterhalf named her the TAZ-MOBILE ! Long story, comes from a lineman website I am involved with :D

The pics were taken in front of my cabin, while the rig was still clean.......just after these were taken, it started sleeting and then turned to freezing rain, and we took a ride!! The ground was pretty well frozen, then the next day, the temps warmed just enough, that it turned to slush, and the good old Gumbo Mud was slick, and gooey...but the Taz never skipped a beat!!!! O0

One pic shows the Console I found at Cabela's......I believe it is going to work just fine, make a great armrest, and can also be removed and with the Shoulder strap that came with it (detachable), can be used for a carry al! The other pic is of the Shift knob I found at Auto Zone, while picking up some fuses......It is the Ultimate for a REDNECK Machine O0 This is the one I told ya about OtterBob!!!

Clean as a whistle.....

Still clean.....

The console......

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Reneck Shifter.....

Above the Shifter, is a GPS mount that I added.......just a Garmin mount, placed on a Small Project box (from Radio Shack) and then on the dash with Industrial Strength Velcro........

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Hey,

Nice ride and I like the shifter. I edited the photo link to make it show up in the forum and moved the 4th picture down to help dial up guys view things faster. Thanks for posting.

Josh

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
caglezxj said:
Hey,

Nice ride and I like the shifter. I edited the photo link to make it show up in the forum and moved the 4th picture down to help dial up guys view things faster. Thanks for posting.

Josh
Thanks Josh! gonna work on adding a couple more lights on the brush guard, move the rear shocks to the outboard position, and start figuring on how I'm going to make a rear bumper, this weekend, if the weather holds ;D my shop is under a big oak tree :D

Bill

·
Registered
133 Posts
Yep, I got to get me one of those shifters.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OtterBob said:
Yep, I got to get me one of those shifters.
I found it at an AUTO ZONE.........I think it was about $20.........there is a big spring that goes inside the 'pistol grip', ......it goes in first, and then the black adapter slides inside the 'grip'.........TAKE THE SPRING OUT, AND THROW IT AWAY.............then slide it on the shifter rod/arm, and tighten the 3 small allen head set screws.......the kit comes with a large allen wrench (to lock the black adapter in place,inside the grip), and a small allen wrench, and several different length allen screws..use the longest of those allen screws (to lock the adapter to the shift handle/rod)........

If you leave the spring in....the 'grip' (trigger guard) will hit the bottom of the windshield frame...the tranny will be in gear, but without the spring, it slides down far enough that it works just right.

Bill

·
Registered
3 Posts
Bill:
I was looking on the auto zone web site can't find that neat shifter handle you have do you remember the name of it so I can search it
Thanks
Jim

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
toymvr said:
Bill:
I was looking on the auto zone web site can't find that neat shifter handle you have do you remember the name of it so I can search it
Thanks
Jim
It's made by PILOT I believe.........still got the package somewhere...I'll go look and see if I can find it...saw it earlier today......

here's the info.....Pilot Automotive....Part#PM2236..Pistol Shifter.....www.pilotautomotive.com............

·
Registered
75 Posts
if u find that package let us know the part # cause i am gonna get one of those bad boys!!!!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
vanillagorilla said:
if u find that package let us know the part # cause i am gonna get one of those bad boys!!!!

Was posting the part number and website for the company that makes it, I guess while you were posting ;D

www.pilotautomotive.com-------Part #PM2236....Pistol Shifter.....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts