Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this over on another website and thought I would try here also. Rebuilt top end on 2011 rzr 900 xp...pistons, new cyl., valves, etc. Timing chain jumps on initial rotation by hand. reset and tried at least 5 more times with same result...engine starts, runs for a few seconds and quits. Am getting a rattling noise when running...apparently out of time. Doing everything according to the FSM. Any thoughts?

·
Super Moderator
2,315 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

You might need to change the timing chain tensioner. Some of those have been a problem. Lots of people go for aftermarket, mostly ratcheting or manual.
Also, never rotate the motor backward.

·
Registered
71 Posts
The stock timing chain tensioner is hydraulic. I had the same year RZR and skipped one tooth on mine after I put a turbo on it. It would run but run like shit. If I were you I'd probably invest in the manual timing chain tensioner and never have that issue again.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I posted this over on another website and thought I would try here also. Rebuilt top end on 2011 rzr 900 xp...pistons, new cyl., valves, etc. Timing chain jumps on initial rotation by hand. reset and tried at least 5 more times with same result...engine starts, runs for a few seconds and quits. Am getting a rattling noise when running...apparently out of time. Doing everything according to the FSM. Any thoughts?
Same exact problem I'm having rebuilt top end... did you ever figure out the problem

1 - 4 of 4 Posts