Polaris Ranger Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The windshield wiper in my tip out windshield rattles incessantly when the windshield is tipped out. Quiet when closed. Took it to the dealer and they installed a new complete wiper assembly. Did not solve the problem!! Anybody else have this problem? The struts also rattled when the top of the strut tapped against the top bracket. I solved this by putting a piece of Velcro with a sticky back on the top of the struts. I think I am going to make brackets that keep the top of the strut from hitting the bracket. Only need to move the strut bolt 1/8 to 1/4 away from the bracket by drilling a hole in a new bracket that give enough clearance.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Polaris tech says there are some complaints about the wiper rattling but so far there is no solution. He suggested if I find a cure, I should let him know. If anybody here has the problem and has fixed it, let me know. He found my strut solution interesting and he is passing it on to the engineering so they can look at it. Makes me wonder if anyone runs these machines through testing like most car companies do with cars?????

·
Registered
2019 XP1000 Camo
216 Posts
Yep it’s the wiper motor box. I folded up a beer coozie and stuck it between window and wiper. Problem solved

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Was planning to solve the problem today! I have several extra coozies so can’t wait to see if it fixes mine. THANKS SO MUCH!!!!
Yep it’s the wiper motor box. I folded up a beer coozie and stuck it between window and wiper. Problem solved

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[/QUOTE
Is your wiper motor the new style in 2021 with the small motor? I added a wiper to my 2017 and it was the huge box style. I did shim that one to eliminate rattling. My current one has a small motor. I tried shimming and it did nothing to help. I can stop the rattle if I push up on the motor. Help me out folks!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts