Polaris Ranger Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How are these windshields holding up? Will I be able to run 25-30 mph with it open wide??

·
Registered
38 Posts
I was told by the dealer I could run it on a smooth surface around 25 mph, anything outside of that your asking for trouble per the sales rep. I never never tested that recommendation out.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I've run 40 or 45 on the road with no issues. My wife and daughter don't like the windshield in their faces so I normally put it down.

Those struts are pretty strong. I could see an issue wen they begin to wear out.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
'21 Northstar Ult, '15 Midsize, '05 XP (retired in 2020)
17 Posts
Surprised to hear that ^.

I was told never, ever run them open unless on pavement/smooth roads and not over 20mph. Reason being the struts are weak so
the windshield will be unstable and break at the strut connecting points

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have 600 miles on my 2021 Ultimate with the tip out. I have been running it open on tough and rough trails and despite a lot of bouncing and pounding the windshield is doing fine. I have run it open a few times over 35 mph on a gravel road. Just hit breakin so have not run it fast but not afraid to do it. I am having a problem with a serious rattle by the windshield wiper motor and cannot stop it. Dealer put in a new motor and did not solve it.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Over a hundred miles and roughly 15 hrs and no problem. Struts are so strong I fear breaking the plastic handle sometimes.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Finally solved the rattling problem. I had the windshield open and was ”hitting” the front corner of the windshield to try to simulate the rattle. I saw that the passenger hinge was bouncing. Not sure why I did it but I took a flashlight to shine on the hinges to see how they are mounted. On both hinges there is a set screw that can be tightened with a Allen wrench. The one on the drivers side was tight and the hinge was tight. The one on the passenger side was about 3/8” out so I tightened it all the way like the drivers side. That stopped the hinge from rattling and the rattle by the wiper motor. I took a ride over a washboard road and on a very rough trail and the rattling is gone!!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts