Polaris Ranger Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve read all kinds of answers, I just ordered a 2021 xp1000, what tires will clear stock, what will clear with bracket lift, forward a arms, a arms &bracket lift, or just 4 in portals

·
Vendor
507 Posts
How big are you wanting to go? If you have a specific tire size in mind, I can come up with the suspension combo.

·
Registered
205 Posts
This is a good question. I've not been around UTV mechanics enough to fully understand how gearing works... but from a 4x4 perspective, when increasing tire size this much over stock, regearing is required. Portals provide gear reduction.

·
Vendor
507 Posts
You have a few different options to get you up there. I don't have all the specs yet for the 2021 models, but they should be about the same as the earlier models...even though they made some frame and hub/ball joint changes in the 2021. You may be able to squeeze a 33" in there with our 2" forward arms if those 33"s run a little short. Adding a small bracket lift would probably help if it rubs too much. You'll definitely feel the 33"s if you don't do any gear reduction or clutch work. I'd definitely recommend going with portals either way. The 2" forward arms and 4" portals will give you the gear reduction you need and the clearance to clear the 33"s. If you decide to go up to a 35", you're probably going to need a full suspension 6" lift on top of the 4" portals. You should be able to clear up to a 36" with that combo. You can also do the 2" forward arms, 3" bracket lift and 6" portals and clear a 34" easily....probably a 35 with no rubbing. But the 6" portals will require 18" wheels. Feel free to give us a call at 855-743-3427 and use the tech support line, and we can go further into detail on everything you may need.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I know you want to go bigger, but the NorthStar Ultimate comes with factory 29's. This suggests to me you could go up to 29 w/o any changes as I don't think there is any suspension differences b/w NorthStar Ultimate and XP's....

·
Registered
44 Posts
I ordered North Star Premium. 27 inch tires are standard on this model. Dealer stated that 29’s will fit so that’s. What I’m going with at least for now. Just a little uneasy about putting a lift kit on when it’s brand new.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Looked at a unlimited this weekend with 29s on it, plenty of room, I'll have 30s going on my premium the day it arrives

1 - 8 of 8 Posts