Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve got the 2019 Ranger XP900 EPS. Currently running stock 12” rims w/ 26” stock tires. I could use another inch or two height to clear rocks on trails (yes, I know about lifting suspension too for height). Thinking of going to at least 29” tires and it seems I need at least 14” rims for that. I don’t want to use spacers as I need to keep width same as current (due to trailer and gates at some trails in New England). I also don’t want to give it a lift first or make other modifications. What are the largest tires I can go with? Also, do the new 14/15” wheels need the same offset as current 12” wheels? And finally, what are your suggestions for a good new wheel/tire combination? I’d like a radial tire 6 ply or better, all-around use, DOT rating a plus as I ride some hard packed surfaces and occasionally roads. Thanks!

·
Registered
15 Posts
if you can use 1" taller i would search for a set of take offs from later model xp 1000, it came with 27" tall tires i believe, hope this helps

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
if you can use 1" taller i would search for a set of take offs from later model xp 1000, it came with 27" tall tires i believe, hope this helps
Thanks for the tip. I believe a 27 would maybe only give me an additional 1/2” of height, because the diameter is 1” and half that diameter is above the axle, correct?

·
Registered
15 Posts
yes, once you go up to a 28" tire it will be a min. of 10" wide and i also like to remain with same width front and rear to keep as much tire in fender well as possible

·
Registered
276 Posts
Kenda Bear claw HTR' s. 27x9x12 and 27x11x12. These tires measure a little big, height wise. More like 27.5". 8 ply radial construction, they last forever!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Kenda Bear claw HTR' s. 27x9x12 and 27x11x12. These tires measure a little big, height wise. More like 27.5". 8 ply radial construction, they last forever!
Thanks for the recommendation. I’ll look into it. Sounds like this might help me avoid new rims too!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I got my HD 14x8 wheels of Amazon. I went with ocelot 28’s. The tires have done nothing but surprise me at every obstacle I’ve encountered. I had a 2” pro lift (A arm mounted lift) I’m not positive but I think it had alot to with cashing out my shock and A Arm bushings. I changed to super atv 3” lift. The stance in my opinion is perfect now, great wheel clearance, not to high. The center of gravity doesn’t feel affected on hills in Tennessee. I did make me some longer rear stabilizer rods. It’s a fun ride for hunting and trail riding.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts