Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK....here's a basic topic for the newbie.

Stock 08 700XP Camo. Machine is used for alot of varied activities....hunting, wood cutting pleasure etc. Will encounter, mud, hardpack, rocks etc. My preference on my Jeeps has always been for a wider tire and I think I would like that option here as well.

Given the criteria above what should I be looking at?

Thanks!

·
Registered
635 Posts
The goodyear MTR seems ok on all but snow, for you you might look into the Maxxis Big Horn Radial, or the ITP Terracross R/T both are great all around tires..

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
For mud and rocks I like my swamp lites, plus they are smooth on pavement. This is not my ATV but here is a pic of the tires.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What size would you guys run on a stock 08 700? As I posted in another thread the front's on the 700 are way too skinny for my taste, but I don't want to be so wide that I have to add the power steering option.

10' in front and 12's in the rear? 26 or 27?

·
Registered
373 Posts
Bighorns or the terracross would be the best all round tire. Ten and 12s would be the way to go. I would stay with 26"

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Oh don't think I had to have the power steering. I did this to make turning the already hard to turn Polaris Products easier. I think Polaris will start adding this feature before too long. Mine turned just as it did with the other tires.

·
Registered
24 Posts
27X9X12 front and 27X12X12 rear. If you try and run 10 wide front I think they will rub unless you change wheels or run a wheel apcer.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Just put 27-12-12 on the rear and 27-10-12 on the front, and yep you got to have a 1 inch spacer. But, I do like my swamp lites.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OtterBob said:
Just put 27-12-12 on the rear and 27-10-12 on the front, and yep you got to have a 1 inch spacer. But, I do like my swamp lites.
If I change to the Vision 161 8" wheels will I still need a spacer?

·
Registered
133 Posts
That I don't know, Im running the Douglas Rattelsnakes

·
Registered
133 Posts
I forgot to ask, is running spacers a bad thing? I mean its to late now, I already bought and mounted them. I've heard that the last thing you ever wanted to do was run with spacers, but I had already bought and mounted them. I honestly don;t know, any info on this matter would be great.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Spacers are definetly harder on the suspension, but a lot of people do it. As far as tires, I would run the Bighorns in 27" as long as you have a 2" lift, they are the best all around tire made (Just my opinion)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts