Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have a Polaris xp 900 with stock tires. It is a relatively new machine with only 80 miles on it. I use it for loading wood and working aground the house and riding trails every now and then. My problem is that the tires are already torn up and the back left tire is now flat and must be aired daily. My question would be what replacement tire would be good for aground the house work not "tearing up the yard" but can also get up in muddy rocky terrain. Also I need a tire that is very durrable and will not be punctured easily or wear down easily. Any suggestions thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just purchased Sedona Ripsaws for my 900 xp and love them. They are knobby but whine less than the stock ones, and don't tear up my yard when I spray weeds. They are rated as a 6-ply radial, so should last a long time.

I also use mine for moving wood and yard utility. They work great so far. Good luck with your new toy!

·
Registered
194 Posts
BikeMike, sounds like you use yours for exactly the same thing as me. I also use mine for plowing snow in the winter. I still am running the stock tires, but have been researching quite a bit. I was considering the SwampLites, as they claim to fair well on trail/mud/snow, but are not so aggressive that you cannot ride on your lawn.

Let us know what you choose, and also how you rate them after some use. Thanks.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Hey guys I have a Polaris xp 900 with stock tires. It is a relatively new machine with only 80 miles on it. I use it for loading wood and working aground the house and riding trails every now and then. My problem is that the tires are already torn up and the back left tire is now flat and must be aired daily. My question would be what replacement tire would be good for aground the house work not "tearing up the yard" but can also get up in muddy rocky terrain. Also I need a tire that is very durrable and will not be punctured easily or wear down easily. Any suggestions thanks
d

Jesus bro, what the he-haw-hell you doing to those tires?:eek::eek: I have a little over 2900 miles on my stockers and still over half the tread left. Not so much as a slow leak. I ride dirt and rocky roads. Odd.:confused:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Swamplites are going to tear up your yard and wear some kind of bad, there are way better choices. I'm personally fond of the ITP Blackwater Evolution. It's not as aggressive as the swamplight so it's not going to pull as well in the mud but it'll outperform it everywhere else and won't tear up your yard, and it's 8 ply and American made. The pics you'll find online don't do it justice. For working, trail riding, and the occasional light mud, you can't beat this tire. Just my 2 cents

·
Registered
47 Posts
I just purchased Sedona Ripsaws for my 900 xp and love them. They are knobby but whine less than the stock ones, and don't tear up my yard when I spray weeds. They are rated as a 6-ply radial, so should last a long time.

I also use mine for moving wood and yard utility. They work great so far. Good luck with your new toy!
What sizes did you end up with? I really like the ripsaws as well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just bought some pit bull rockers. Everything I have read on them says they do very well in everything except peanut butter mud. Not going to get to try them out until this weekend. I will say this, these tires just look nasty. 8 ply radial made at home in the USA.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts