Polaris Ranger Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read 27" tires will fit on 570 full size with stock wheels , correct me if I'm wrong.
Was wondering do most use a staggered set up like 9" fronts and 11" rears or will 11" work all the way around?
Basically looking for the biggest tire set up with no rubbing or other problems. Any help would be appreciated.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've read 27" tires will fit on 570 full size with stock wheels , correct me if I'm wrong.
Was wondering do most use a staggered set up like 9" fronts and 11" rears or will 11" work all the way around?
Basically looking for the biggest tire set up with no rubbing or other problems. Any help would be appreciated.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
Hello, I too have a 570 fullsize, 2018, and wanted to use a DOT car/truck tire for longevity. I use my "little truck" (what I call my ranger) on road quite a bit, at current have 2500 miles on it and tires are shot. I don't want to keep spending $450 plus every 2500 miles for stock tires. So I researched a bit. Went to Dennis Kirk's website and found a steel wheel to upgrade the tires to 14" (more tire options in the 14" rim size) as I dont want aluminum wheels, seen too many that have been cracked/broke on trials. The steel wheels are ITP 1422320014B. Dennis Kirk claims they will fit my machine BOTH front and back...was thinking of getting these rims along with Kumho Road Venture MT 27 X8.50 R14 LT tires.
The issues I cannot find answers to are: this Kumho tire is probably a lot heavier than the stock tire and will this impact the drive line and over stress it including the drive belt?? Will this tire/rim combo rub?? I dont really care that all tires are the same width, which is different than my stock tires (front is narrower than rear). So with all this in mind, I happen to go to my local tire shop for a vehicle tire repair and asked one of their sales people about this...they claim it would rub, didnt say if it would over stress the driveline but then proceeded to recommend Tusk Terrabite tires, which they claim have DOT certification and I could get them in stock sizes so I wouldn't have to buy extra rims. Sales guy said he had the same tires on his Ranger and over 5000 miles and still meaty. Pricey tho' 4 terrabites is almost the same price as buying the 14" steel rims and tires. I just wonder if the Kumho would last longer? and being a LT tire it probably has to be inflated to 32PSI minimum? at 32PSI in an LT tire, thats going to be one heck of rough ride?
Any thoughts would be appreciated, even some reviews of the Tusk tires if possible? Thank you much.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts