Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just joined on here... I bought my first Polaris product about three months ago and decided to buy the 2010 Ranger 800 xp. I have done a few mods to it that I saw as being a design flaw... I upgraded to a lower cooling fan switch which kicks on about 180 degrees, I also installed a overide off switch for the fan so I could kick it off for water crossing but the switch is a momentary switch so it can't be left off, also installed a snorkel on the outlet tube of the clutch housing, reverse light, coolant temp gauge, extended all breather lines up besides battery O0 even did the coolant resevour! I will upload some pictures here soon.... JUST WONDERING WHAT OTHER OWNERS HAVE UPGRADED OR SAW AS BEING A PROBLEM THAT I HAVEN'T FIGURED OUT YET???? :'( Some soon to come upgrades are snorkel the intake, utility clutch kit, winch, and all the skid plates.....

·
Registered
10 Posts
I know for the 800 crews, there is a restrictor plate you can remove from the intake and will add an additional 7hp.

·
Registered
16 Posts
MQUnlimited said:
I know for the 800 crews, there is a restrictor plate you can remove from the intake and will add an additional 7hp.
7 hp is a major gain with just removing the restrictor plate. however, it is not "felt" when operating the machine.
this was the 1st thing i did to my crew. im sure it helps though

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have short legs and had to lift my floor. Also heat coming onto my feet on long rides, i stuffed sponges under the dash. There is a footsaver on ebay, but expensive. I also get a lot of dust coming in from under the seat, still need to solve that. Had to ad rubbers between bed and chassis to silent the screaching noises.I removed the storage bin under driver seat and fitted extra fuel containers. Polaris shoul relly do more R&D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts