Polaris Ranger Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
128 Posts
Highway speed?
I travel all over the west, I avoid 80mph in MT primarily for fuel economy. Otherwise, 70-75 regularly. If in doubt, get a cover. Or, better yet, get an enclosed trailer that has the added benefit of keeping the road grime (ugh) off even better. I personally tow with a flat deck trailer.

· Registered
128 Posts
I too tow backwards, I have a 10' trailer and backwards is the only way I can get tongue weight with the way the balance is on the machine ('21 XP 1000.) I did make a plywood screen that fits in the stake pockets as I took a rock and broke the rear window. Nothing fancy, just cheap insurance/protection. I don't see any way towing forward to keep from catching rocks. Might be wrong on that. Windows are not cheap on these machines.

· Registered
117 Posts
I too tow backwards, I have a 10' trailer and backwards is the only way I can get tongue weight with the way the balance is on the machine ('21 XP 1000.) I did make a plywood screen that fits in the stake pockets as I took a rock and broke the rear window. Nothing fancy, just cheap insurance/protection. I don't see any way towing forward to keep from catching rocks. Might be wrong on that. Windows are not cheap on these machines.
Rocks can be hell on your aluminum radiator too. Another reason to haul backwards.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts