Polaris Ranger Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
O.K. Guys.. I watched a YouTube video on changing the transmission and front gearbox oils... In watching it I thought the guy used 2 different types of oils.. Seemed strange to me, but ...! So, I ordered what I thought was the correct fluids and got 2 of the same kind... AGL Gearbox and transmission fluid... From the label I can only assume this fluid goes into both the transmission and front gearbox? Am I correct?
Thanks
Harry

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mine is a 2013 900 Special Edition... Yep... I thought that is what i wrote down.. guess I screwed up and ordered 2 qts of the AGL... Am kinda new at this... except for oil/filter changes and grease jobs, I let dealer do all the maintenance. Never pulled preventive maintenance.. (yes... old Army retiree) so am stepping off into another world from helicopter mechanic! Got all tires off the buggy and grabbed a front shock.. gave it a good shake and both top and bottom ball joints rattled... on both front wheels. ( I had noticed a clunk/rattle when driving over rough terrain) If these are like car ball joints I figure its time to change them. Am I right? Thanks for all the input/.guidance I really appreciate it.!

· Registered
1,086 Posts
Yep. You also want to pay close attention to the a arm bushings. I'm betting they're shot. Make sure there is no slop where they are bolted to the frame. Garage products bushings for replacement. They are urethane bushings that are superior. And polaris HD wheel bearings for replacement.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
don’t mean to be wearing out this website… but am learning and have another question…. It was recommended I use Garage Products for A frame bushing replacements. Went to Amazon, found SuperAtv offering UHMV bushing set. Supposedly self lubricating… can’t tell if they are Garage Product parts or not… any help will be greatly appreciated.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts