Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The feature I cared the least about when I bought my 2014 ranger 570 turns out to be one of my favorite things about the machine. I live on a gravel road with one section of pavement with a sharp turn. I have been riding a sportsman 800 up and down it for 7 years and I guess I just got used to the fact that it was borderline dangerous on this turn. Bought the ranger only couple days ago and was riding with the rear different locked not really thinking about turf mode as I wasn't mowing a lawn. Haha. Anyway I was making this turn yesterday and it dawned on me to try turf mode on it. Holy smokes what a difference. It made the turn so much better and smoother. It feels like I can take it comfortably much faster than even on the sportsman. This initially ignored feature has really made me love this machine!

·
Registered
378 Posts
I'd guess 95+% of my 3200 miles has been in turf mode. Only use awd for steep hills and deep ruts, and the occasional snow. Really, no need for it most of the time where I ride. And, as suggested, the rig turns a lot smoother and tighter in turf mode.:cool:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Turf mode

I live by a lake with a large lawn that is wetter than most. When pulling docks, chores etc., on the grass I'm in turf mode, if I wasn't, my yard would look like a field after a NFL game, tore up, dug up and more. I had a different brand machine earlier and my bride kept on me about driving to fast on the lawn. To make a long story short I got a 570 and love it. I might add I had a Sportsman 500 before the turf ripper, and as you indicated the Polaris machines corner better in that mode on roads also. It's good that someone pointed that out because I think it is a best kept secret part of these machines.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I really find it amazing just how much this machine will do in turf mode! I just don't use the 4x4 OR locked Diff. all that often! You just have to love how easy it turns/handles on the trails unlocked and 4x4 is just a switch away if/when it gets deep!

Cheers!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Agree, turf mode is all I need 95% of the time. Unless it is very wet / swamp areas here in Ga I only use turf mode. My favorite feature too.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Another Turf mode user here. Machine is definitely freer in the turns. I'm thinking that running in Turf mode will also help with tire wear.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Turf mode kicks ***. I love it around my property. I just hope it doesn't create another failure point in the driveline. That's the last thing Polaris needs is another spot for things to break.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I wonder if using red loctite will prevent the turf mode bolts from backing out and grenading the case. I'd prefer to keep the option because the idea and functionality is genius, reliability seems to be lacking with larger tires which are a must where i use my machine. 😔

·
Registered
19 Posts
Same here, I drive 95% of the time over the last 8 years in turf mode. By far my favorite it makes driver much better. The only time I switch is for muddy conditions.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts