Polaris Ranger Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
turning up pump

Ok so i figured out which screw to adjust the rpm it is the funny looking one on top.Where is the screw that they are talking about to turn up the fuel. Does anyone have any pictures of the pump showing which screw is which. I have a 2011 and would like more power.Any help would be great thanks

·
Registered
19 Posts
I put the k&n in mine. They don't list one for diesel but it's the same as the 800. Then I took off my stock exhaust ( don't know if you noticed that your diesel has a 2" inlet and a 3/4" outlet) anyway I cut the end off took out the guts and replaced all the small pipe with 1 3/4" then welded it all back together between that the k&n and turning the pump up it amazing the difference from stock. My dad has a 2012 ranger diesel single cab with stock tires mine is a diesel crew cab with 30" outlaws and I can smoke his a$$ in take off and full sprint. The downfall is I have broken 3 axles. So now upgrading to custom built units

·
Registered
10 Posts
hey WWT2
Ive got 2012 single cab diesel and looking for a bit more power too, when you say K&N thats an airfilter right i looked on their website and they have one for the diesel does it just replace the original one and let it breathe a bit better, how much did you turn your fuel pump up i was thinking just one turn to be safe after reading here, have you turned up the rpm like boggs was suggesting (are there two diferent ones)and also anyone got pics of the fuel and rpm screws i havnt had a good look yet. did you do all your mods at the same time, the exhaust probly has a fair bit to do with your performance do you think, i mite try this as well

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yeah the k&n is just a replacement air filter. Better air flow. I turned my pump up 1.5 turns and no problems other than axles. I have an egt gauge on mine and I have had it under hard load and only hit 1000 degrees so not to bad. If you look up the ppe turbo kit instructions it tells you and has pics of the the fuel screw. I haven't turned up the rpms. Yes the exhaust was Abigail help probably the single biggest but takes some fab skills

·
Registered
1 Posts
Where is the fuel screw located? New to the diesel ranger/ ranger's in general. Just bought a new 2016 diesel hst and would like to turn the screw out! Thanks

·
Registered
70 Posts
Your 2016 HST has a Kohler engine, there is no screw to adjust the fuel on that engine. Check out the Brutus forum for info on how to get the most of the hydro trans.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,
I just purchased a 2012 Ranger crew diesel and would also like to turn up the fuel screw some but I can't seem to find any pics or open any of the links that shows me exactly which one it is.
Is it the screw that i'm pointing at in the pic, I understand I need to take of the tamper cover but it looks like this is more for adjusting where the throttle cable stops.
Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yanmar Polaris

I am also looking for that adjustment .. that one you are pointing too is the high end throttle travel adjustment not the fuel adustment. I understand it is near rge fuel pump..I was hoping one of theses forum members could reply with a location and photo..

21 - 32 of 32 Posts