Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Code Blue, I see you are from Spokane. I'm about 4 1/2 hours from you. Do you know of a supplier of UHMW sheet plastic 3/8" thick, near you. I need a piece at least 4' by 5'. I'd like to take a trip down your way soon but would appreciate some help in identifying a source before I do. Many thanks.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
I located my 3/8" UHMW by doing a Google search. Total plastics is all over the country I think and just about any place that can get full sheets of Plexiglass or Acrylic should also be able to order the UHMW.

I also think you will pay more for the 4 foot by 5 foot piece then it will cost to buy the full 4 foot by 10 foot sheet. I guess these places don't want to be left with a half sheet so they crank the price up to cover them ending up with the waste.

Best to just buy the full sheet and find someone else who needs a skid.

I would love to find a strip 3 inches wide by 5 feet to try on the bottom of my snow plow. They claim this stuff lasts longer then the steel.

Gary

·
Registered
635 Posts
Sorry it took so long I was heavy into the Bike and atv show we had here, I'll do some poking around Hey Gary do you have a link to the site you speak of..

Where are you up there Timber..
My new favorite place to ride is Ione WA.. area

·
Registered
635 Posts
I typed (UHMW Spokane) and came up with two plastics distributors in Spokane and 8 pages of generic links..

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Here is their link but I guess they are pretty east coast oriented.

http://www.totalplastics.com/about_us

I went to the one in Mt. Vernon, NY and paid $250 + tax for a 4X10 sheet in 3/8".

I am certain there is a place out by you guys to find it because my Skid templates have been out your way a couple of times.

I will do some asking but with the internet you sure ought to be able to find it easy enough.

I also suggest you dicker with the place a little because in the catalog I got from the place I bought it the cost is listed at close to $450 for the sheet I bought for $250.

Gary

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the reply CodeBlue. I'm in Kelowna, BC Canada which is about 4 1/2 hrs. from Spokane. It would be a blast to ride down your way or to have you come up our way. I have a cabin near Grand Forks which is about halfway between us. Anyway, I'd be tickled if you can find me a supplier in your area. It would be well worth the trip as they want over $500 for a 4' x 5' sheet here. Thanks for all your help.
Tim

·
Registered
635 Posts
I'm noticing this stuff comes in a few colors can I assume you want Black..

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Timber, Please call these guys and get a price with freight to your door on a 4' X 10' sheet.

http://www.copeplastics.com/docs/missouri.htm.

I have known others who paid $210 for a full sheet and I would think the shipping might be expensive but no more then $100.

Gary

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes Code Blue, black would be my preference. I have another reason for wanting to come down your way. There's a new Cabela's in Post Falls and we don't have them up here. Thanks again for your help.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
I just got this back from the sales rep at Cope Plastics, Link is above.

COPY/Paste of his email.

Now I totally understand. Thanks for explaining it a little better for me. We would love to work with you and pricing would be as follows:

UHMW BLK 3/8"x48"x120"
-$195.00/SH

UHMW BLK 1/2"x48"x120"
-$252.00/SH

PC CLR 1/4"x48"x96"
-$159.00/SH

What I would say as a good "estimate" for shipping costs would be right around $100 for each shipment. Let me know if you have any questions/concerns. Also, these items are always a stock item for us. Thanks again for your interest in Cope Plastics and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

For a skid on an RZR you need a half shhet or 48 X 60 in 3/8" but I tell everyone to just buy the full sheet because you will find another member who wants to make one or you will just love this stuff and use it for other projects.

Sounds to me like it will cost you around $295 for a full sheet delivered to your door so that is alot better then a piecs half that size for $500.

The PC-CLR is Polycarbonate or Lexan we use for windshields.

Gary

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks a bunch for the info Gary. Was that delivered to my door in Canada? I can't believe how much they want to gouge us for it up here. Makes me more than a little ticked off. Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
That price is for the lower 48 here and it really is sad how they hose you guys above the border.

If I were you I would call Denis in the morning and get some real numbers to your door. I would expect them to be higher but I sure don't know why it should be rediculously higher.

Denis Busque
Cope Plastics
314-344-0436 x54

Be sure to tell him you are from Polaris Ranger Forum and Gary told you to call.

Gary

·
Registered
635 Posts
Have it shipped to me and ...........well you know..

·
Registered
635 Posts
timber said:
Yes Code Blue, black would be my preference. I have another reason for wanting to come down your way. There's a new Cabela's in Post Falls and we don't have them up here. Thanks again for your help.
Yep it's a looker for such a small community, my kids think it's a museum. Let it warm a little more so we can ride up in Ione, and Metaline Falls, WA they let you ride in town like in Idaho. I'm heading to Idaho this Friday- Saturday with the RZR's to check snow pack conditions, send your phone number to [email protected] all calls to CA are free for me, so we can set up some play dates..

·
Registered
635 Posts
Ok Timber here's a the guy that does all the plastic work in our kids school and he says he knows just what your want..

PERCEPTION PLASTICS INC.
Custom Fabrication & Manufacturing
301 W. 2nd Ave.
Spokane, WA 99201
(509) 624-5408
'Jerry Judd

Let us know if he does good by you..

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well......It's nice to have factual leverage. I went back to our local plastics dealer armed with the information provided on this forum and....his new price is $325 for a 4'x10' sheet of 3/8" black UHMW. In fairness to the dealer he claims the original quote was for white UHMW which he says is a lot more expensive. At any rate, now at least the price is right. Thanks so much Code Blue and Grazor for all your help. Code Blue, I'd still love to get riding together and still am planning a trip down your way. I'll email you.

·
Registered
635 Posts
I'm here for ya Baby, I will tell you though we went out this past weekend and it was drab. Still a tad to much snow on the ground.. Plus a cool place to spend a long weekend for us would be in Ione, WA. But even they claim to much snow still, lastly I called the Sheriff in my other favorite place and same thing, all atv trails are still being groomed.. No thanks..
It won't be long though..

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It's about the same here. Too much snow to have a really good ride. Give it a month or so and it'll be good.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts