Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sometimes when coasting between needed acceleration on long mild downhill roads, I hear a noise under the driver seat/floorboard area. Sounds much the same as a screeching rooster pheasant when he flushes. Ideas? Clutch, lube?
Also I learned recently that in low 4x4 with acceleration and Controlled braking that my unit will not hold itself slow when going down steep hills. It will swap ends and by the time you hit bottom you’re nearly flying. Trying to negotiate downhill with one foot on the gas and the other foot on the brake is not good. After market clutch probably, which brand and is it an easy do?

·
Registered
2020 Ranger Northstar
55 Posts
Hot many miles on it? I had a 2013 rzr 570 With 2300 miles on it. I Needed To do the universals. Mine was mine if a rattle. But the drive shaft to the front was hitting in that area. Open up the floor and inspect for any fresh wear marks.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hot many miles on it? I had a 2013 rzr 570 With 2300 miles on it. I Needed To do the universals. Mine was mine if a rattle. But the drive shaft to the front was hitting in that area. Open up the floor and inspect for any fresh wear marks.
It has 5500 miles. Does the floor removal give access to grease fittings?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts