Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas about how to use the front winch to load stuff in the bed of a ranger. I'm mainly having problems loading deer in the bed by myself. I'm thinking of rigging some rollors up and attaching them to the roll bars to run the winch rope over the ranger. I have seen pictures of people mounting a second winch either in the bed or up high on the rear rollbar but was hoping to figure a way to use the winch I have.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Cabelas has a rack that has rollers built in so that you can run the winch up and over, this was the link http://reviews.cabelas.com/8815/523283/reviews.htm but it looks like it is no longer available, but I bet someone else made it for them so it might be available out there on the net... but i bet a guy could fab something with a couple of roller fairleads from Harbor Freight pretty easy...

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
I have one of the game loader things shown in this video:

I bought it used, and I have used it with my ATV but I think it would work better with a Ranger. I tested it on my truck and it worked better than on my ATV. I was told that the previous owner used it with a Ranger (or similar vehicle) before he passed away.

It's a great way to load a deer. I used it on two deer in 2010 and it worked well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas about how to use the front winch to load stuff in the bed of a ranger. I'm mainly having problems loading deer in the bed by myself. I'm thinking of rigging some rollors up and attaching them to the roll bars to run the winch rope over the ranger. I have seen pictures of people mounting a second winch either in the bed or up high on the rear rollbar but was hoping to figure a way to use the winch I have.
here is a product that will solve all that and you do not need a winch on the front or rear it is a all in one use it to load ,winch from side rear or front it uses its own winch it is the best thing i have ever seen it works great and keeps the winch out of the mud and water i love it go to swamp Ratt customs web page and look at it it mounts to the roll bar and is completly out of the way and removes in less than a min if you want to they also are on facebook

·
Registered
194 Posts
Yeah Slacker, I've seen pictures like that also. Someone ran the winch up and over the rollcage to pull something, and it ended up crushing the rollcage. I don't think those are a tough as people think, I wouldn't be using them to winch things.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I used my a few weekends ago. I had to move some hay rounds. Unfortunately I'm not in the strongest man comps and they weigh about 600lbs. I took my line over my roof and roof rack and over the bed. I tilted the bed, opened the gate and put a plywood sheet leaning into the bed. I rolled the hay roll over the line and looped the line over the roll. When I engaged the winch, it auto-cinched and drug it right up, no issues.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts