Polaris Ranger Forum banner
2121 - 2140 of 2149 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
I’m at nearly 8 months waiting and the Polaris tracker says it will be another 2 -3.5 months. Ouch!
Ordered Sept 3 Crew Ultimate with Ride Command tracker says could be delivered July/August.
Wouldn’t be such a crappy wait if Polaris didn’t build and ship a bunch of crews with ride command that were ordered in mid September right into mid October it’s going to suck ass if my date gets pushed back a 5th time cause of shortage in Ride Command units when they had them and skipped so many order dates.
Price is locked in at least cause msrp is now 5k more in Canada all accessories have gone up in price $10-100 but thankfully before they went up I had already ordered everything I wanted.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The problems/wait really begin after you get it and need parts. I ordered a Northstar Ultimate crew September 1st. I patiently waited after multiple delays and was finally told it would be August 2022 before I would receive it because of the Ride Command. When Polaris offered me my machine without Ride Command, I jumped on it and got it 10 days later. The next day after delivery, the AC quit working. Polaris told the dealer it would be August or September before they could get parts shipped. Not good since we use it in South Texas and the temperature here is already in the 90’s. Polaris did step up and shipped the parts a couple of weeks ago, but the dealer does not have a HVAC guy- what a joke. Don’t these guys get trained to work on these things? So it’s been sitting at the dealer for a month and still no progress. Throughly pissed at this point and will probably sell it. It’s useless for me to keep it if you can’t even get the parts and people to fix it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
The problems/wait really begin after you get it and need parts. I ordered a Northstar Ultimate crew September 1st. I patiently waited after multiple delays and was finally told it would be August 2022 before I would receive it because of the Ride Command. When Polaris offered me my machine without Ride Command, I jumped on it and got it 10 days later. The next day after delivery, the AC quit working. Polaris told the dealer it would be August or September before they could get parts shipped. Not good since we use it in South Texas and the temperature here is already in the 90’s. Polaris did step up and shipped the parts a couple of weeks ago, but the dealer does not have a HVAC guy- what a joke. Don’t these guys get trained to work on these things? So it’s been sitting at the dealer for a month and still no progress. Throughly pissed at this point and will probably sell it. It’s useless for me to keep it if you can’t even get the parts and people to fix it.
That sucks. This has me concerned for my machine that I have on order. I chose Polaris for the reliability and reputation for being a market leader in design and innovation. With the price Polaris is getting for these high end machines I expect better.

·
Registered
19 Posts
That's strange, not sure why you would need an HVAC person to do a part swap out unless their only replacing internals?

·
Registered
3 Posts
That's strange, not sure why you would need an HVAC person to do a part swap out unless their only replacing internals?
They were not able to recharge the freon, so it was sent out to another shop. The good news is that I finally picked it up today. Everything seems to be working ok. Can’t say it is as cool as the AC in my truck, but it’s manageable. When it hits 100 plus degrees in the next few weeks, I’ll definitely tip the windshield out and roll the windows down. Hell my truck AC can’t keep up with that heat.

·
Registered
3 Posts
That sucks. This has me concerned for my machine that I have on order. I chose Polaris for the reliability and reputation for being a market leader in design and innovation. With the price Polaris is getting for these high end machines I expect better.
I talked to a lot of friends with Rangers and everyone is very happy with them. It’s the lack of parts and accessories because of supply chain issues. Can’t wait until things get back to normal. One more thing- definitely get the extended warranty. Even though my repair was covered by Polaris this time, the dealer said a replacement compressor is over 2k with labor.

·
Registered
19 Posts
They were not able to recharge the freon, so it was sent out to another shop. The good news is that I finally picked it up today. Everything seems to be working ok. Can’t say it is as cool as the AC in my truck, but it’s manageable. When it hits 100 plus degrees in the next few weeks, I’ll definitely tip the windshield out and roll the windows down. Hell my truck AC can’t keep up with that heat.
Ok that makes sense.

I talked to a lot of friends with Rangers and everyone is very happy with them. It’s the lack of parts and accessories because of supply chain issues. Can’t wait until things get back to normal. One more thing- definitely get the extended warranty. Even though my repair was covered by Polaris this time, the dealer said a replacement compressor is over 2k with labor.
Yeah I picked up mine 2 weeks ago and I wanted a belt 2 axles and tie rods. Axles were 2 months out and tie rods were 4

·
Registered
19 Posts
Wow, you must drive like you stole it. I hope I don't need to carry parts for mine, if so bought the wrong machine.
Naw just sometimes what's beneath the skeg bites you.. and sometime just popping out of a hole cost you and axle. Hoping not to need the part but when you do 10-14 day trips its good to have a few parts back in camp.

Here's a hole that took me out on my quad. Ground is good all around but the front tire dropped in. That was a tie rod and axle break

Plant Automotive tire Tree Wood Motor vehicle

·
Registered
51 Posts
I took mine to dealer yesterday for oil leak. They said it is crankshaft seal and will be two weeks getting parts. The good thing is they keep them inside so they want it out of their way to so as soon as they get parts they. will fix it. We will see how long it takes. I haven't sold my 19 yet so I still have a spare. This is my 3rd new one and the first one with this kind of a problem.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I ordered a northstar ultimate crew back in September of 2021 they told me delivery date between July and August and now they just updated it today to September 9 this is getting to be a real joke. I got a plow with it they told me when I ordered it back in September that it would be here end of November December now here it’s gonna be a year later and I’m sure they’ll push it off again before then. What really pisses me off is I know people who ordered the trail boss after me and has already received it Polaris can kiss my ass. What a joke for a company!!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey folks. I thought I’d share here what I’ve been sharing on other platforms. Strictly for awareness. By no means a bash to the Polaris brand. Simply a dealership issue in my opinion. Something to consider if you’re waiting for a machine from this location. Hope no one else experiences what we have though.
“Just a PSA on the Cycle Works dealership in Edmonton on 75 Street. Spoke to the salesman there last November, asking if it was possible to order a Polaris trail boss. Salesman said yes. We questioned him as two other dealerships said they couldn’t order them. He insisted he could place an order. We cancelled a previous unit we had ordered with canam and placed the order with Cycle Works. Paid the deposit. Estimated delivery was May. Noticed other polaris customers tracking their orders on the site. Reached out to our dealer to see how we could also do this. He said we couldn’t yet, needed to wait for a vin number. He even went as far as to tell me he was out money on our unit because he paid in full for it and that we wouldn’t be paying the unit price increases. Month or two later still no updates. Called polaris Canada myself and was told there was no existing order under our name, none under that salesman, and only one for that dealership (which wasn’t our unit) and had been placed two days prior to my phone call to polaris. Reached out to the salesman again and told him everything polaris told me. He had no explanations. Then blamed his rep said his rep quit. We reached out to him again for an update, still couldn’t provide one. Blamed the rep and polaris. And tried to tell us he has 280 machines on order. This is just a heads up for anyone waiting on machines from this dealership. Confirm with polaris Canada yourself that they actually even placed your order, because polaris Canada certainly doesn’t have 280 orders from this dealer.”

·
Registered
74 Posts
I ordered a northstar ultimate crew back in September of 2021 they told me delivery date between July and August and now they just updated it today to September 9 this is getting to be a real joke. I got a plow with it they told me when I ordered it back in September that it would be here end of November December now here it’s gonna be a year later and I’m sure they’ll push it off again before then. What really pisses me off is I know people who ordered the trail boss after me and has already received it Polaris can kiss my ass. What a joke for a company!!!!
What day in Sept was the order place?
Its crazy they built and shipped all those Trail Bosses with RC that were ordered much later then others.

2121 - 2140 of 2149 Posts