Polaris Ranger Forum banner

221 - 240 of 345 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
I stopped by Friday at my dealer. My Northstar ultimate crew was ordered 3/12.....no change... showing late August delivery. I guess the winch, and the Ride Command, and the Camo is slowing it down...who knows....its like waiting on a baby!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I ordered my xp1000 crew camo northstar premium on march 26th and was told may 15th to june 20th, just got off the phone will polaris and now its July shipping date. They didnt provide any info as to what was causing the date to get pushed farther out. I know sales are crazy right now but unclear what specific items that are backordered are causing the ship dates to push out

·
Registered
8 Posts
I found out on Saturday that there was a cancelled order for a Northstar Ultimate trail boss at a dealer about 1 hr from me. The fellow who ordered it found out his wife had cancer and needed to hang on to his money so he had to cancel it. (very sad) So I jumped in my truck and drove over it was still there so I bought it. Picking it up today. I am leaving my order on with the Northstar ultimate I already have in with Polaris I will decide what I want to do with it when it shows up. But I'm not cancelling that commitment I already made. We might just have His and Hers Ultimates. FYI the dealer I bought the Trail Boss from said the main delay on the ultimates is the HVAC system its the same system used by auto manufatures. and the auto makers are getting most of the supply. Plus Polaris is swamped with orders they told me Polaris is producing 30,000 machines a month and that is just not keeping up with demand.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Workerbee33.....Your dealer has a screen on ordered units. Mine was ordered before yours and my screen date is last week of August. I have read on this forum of people with an august delivery date suddenly getting a call from their dealer saying its in. Maybe (but probably not) they want to "outperform" their promise date and surprise the customers....who knows...at this rate our machines will be transformed into 2022 to go with the $600 price increase!

·
Registered
2021 Ranger crew NS Trail Boss
23 Posts
I ordered my xp1000 crew camo northstar premium on march 26th and was told may 15th to june 20th, just got off the phone will polaris and now its July shipping date. They didnt provide any info as to what was causing the date to get pushed farther out. I know sales are crazy right now but unclear what specific items that are backordered are causing the ship dates to push out
My windshield cracked, Polaris told the dealer they are on back order until mid May.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Smoke Eater....You have a Northstar Ultimate in Camo ordered don't you?. My dealer told me today that Polaris is cancelling all the orders for stock purposes and they are building sold units only until they fill the shortage. That would make sense to me. He said that they are getting a substantial amount of heat from unhappy customers because of unfilled orders. I think the old Covid excuse is wearing pretty thin....I think that us two must be the last ones on the list!....Good luck...May just might be your month!....Mine is a Northstar Ultimate with all the boxes checked...MB sound system along with everything else!

·
Registered
37 Posts
May is my month. I can taste it.
Received voice mail from my dealer claiming Polaris has given him a "hard ship date" of May 19 for my three seat Trail Boss. He says it will take the truck several days to drive from 'Bama to the Northern Sierra's and another day or two for them to assemble and prep. My order was placed 2/11 and I had an estimated shipping range of 4/9 thru 5/23. Snow pack is quickly melting, most back country roads up here will be open soon. I'm as anxious as can be!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Smoke Eater....You have a Northstar Ultimate in Camo ordered don't you?. My dealer told me today that Polaris is cancelling all the orders for stock purposes and they are building sold units only until they fill the shortage. That would make sense to me. He said that they are getting a substantial amount of heat from unhappy customers because of unfilled orders. I think the old Covid excuse is wearing pretty thin....I think that us two must be the last ones on the list!....Good luck...May just might be your month!....Mine is a Northstar Ultimate with all the boxes checked...MB sound system along with everything else!
I’ll call Polaris tomorrow and let you know. Good info. Thanks and yes same as yours but no extras yet.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Received voice mail from my dealer claiming Polaris has given him a "hard ship date" of May 19 for my three seat Trail Boss. He says it will take the truck several days to drive from 'Bama to the Northern Sierra's and another day or two for them to assemble and prep. My order was placed 2/11 and I had an estimated shipping range of 4/9 thru 5/23. Snow pack is quickly melting, most back country roads up here will be open soon. I'm as anxious as can be!
Congrats on a ship date. That’s big news around here. At least you know it’s coming 👍🏼

·
Registered
41 Posts
By the way...He also said that the Northstar Ultimate Crew is shipped assembled....notin a box....so they can't be "double stacked".and the freight is over double what a boxed unit is. He said he would show me the freight slip when it got here. (He wasn't jacking the freight up to increase the profit). He said that options were too numerous to box and ship...hence...comes assembled....all they do is add the fluids, check the air in the tires and wash it.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Congrats on the updates! They are worth the wait!!! I’m curious if everyone will be more cautious with their Rangers due to all the back orders on everything. I know we are buying them for certain chores or enjoyment, but makes me wonder. Lol. Congrats on the updates

·
Registered
57 Posts
By the way...He also said that the Northstar Ultimate Crew is shipped assembled....notin a box....so they can't be "double stacked".and the freight is over double what a boxed unit is. He said he would show me the freight slip when it got here. (He wasn't jacking the freight up to increase the profit). He said that options were too numerous to box and ship...hence...comes assembled....all they do is add the fluids, check the air in the tires and wash it.
I was also told the Ultimate comes assembled and my dealer would go through the whole machine. My dealer is expecting several machines around my ship time frame and he said Polaris might ship them all together so sounds like longer wait? We’ll see. Also wanted to mention that I’m not paying for freight fees. I heard that’s a bullshit way to pad the profit. I picked this dealer 2 hours away because the only fee I’m paying is a $100 document fee. I’m in NY and buying in PA. No tax either. Hopefully you guys aren’t getting raped with fees either.

·
Registered
37 Posts
You leave me wondering if the shipping is an expense you have to cover?

I ordered my Ranger mid February and the salesman back then was ready to wheel and deal. The dealership covered shipping and assembly, DMV. doc fees and registration including the green sticker. All in all they knocked off around $1,500 off the purchase price. Between that and the grand discount with the Hero’s Reward program I saved roughly $2,500.

I can easily imagine with Rangers be so scarce and difficult to get that dealerships are no longer offering “deals.” How about it... What are you folks finding? Paying full MSRP?

·
Registered
57 Posts

I ordered my Ranger mid February and the salesman back then was ready to wheel and deal. The dealership covered shipping and assembly, DMV. doc fees and registration including the green sticker. All in all they knocked off around $1,500 off the purchase price. Between that and the grand discount with the Hero’s Reward program I saved roughly $2,500.

I can easily imagine with Rangers be so scarce and difficult to get that dealerships are no longer offering “deals.” How about it... What are you folks finding? Paying full MSRP?
I’m paying full msrp plus the doc fee of $100. That’s it. I ordered the end of January and thought there’s no way to negotiate the price when there has been no inventory for months. I definitely didn’t have the upper hand. I priced out 4 dealers in the northeast and there was no wiggle room on the price but all the dealers were charging around 1500 for the fees plus tax. I figured I got a great deal with the dealer I chose and now just grateful that I was able to order it. I’m also getting the Heroes Advantage discount for $1000 I believe. My original price was 27,199. My out the door price will be $26,299. I think there’s a surcharge for camo for $200.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Spoke to Polaris and all good so far. No change of delivery time frame. They said they have not heard anything about canceling orders.

·
Registered
7 Posts

I just ordered a 21 xp1000 premium yesterday. MSRP of 17,399 I got it for just over $17,000 otd with a roof and windshield. Dealer says 4-6 week delivery time.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just ordered a 21 xp1000 premium yesterday. MSRP of 17,399 I got it for just over $17,000 otd with a roof and windshield. Dealer says 4-6 week delivery time.
I ordered the same unit March 23. Dealer said 6-8 weeks. Today makes 6 weeks. Talked to dealer this morn and he said ship date is still the same. April 23 to June 7. I’m hoping any day now but who really knows at this point

·
Registered
9 Posts
ordered 21 xp 1000 crew premium (camo) for $17.5 on 4/1 the dealer said it could be a long wait... Polaris saying May 11 - June 23. Made it so far called earlier in the week no change and have to admit getting pretty antsy... roof shows up tomorrow got several other things waiting on it and more on back order...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Also ordered the mb quart visor radio with mine. I’ve heard a few folks saying they are on back order. Anyone else order and received theirs yet?

221 - 240 of 345 Posts