Polaris Ranger Forum banner

641 - 660 of 687 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I ordered a '21 NS crew ultimate in navy on March 30. I called Polaris yesterday and the current expected time is Aug 1-Aug 31.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey all; long time lurker/ first time poster throwing in my experience so far...

I pre-ordered a Burgundy NS Ultimate Crew on February 19th (in Indiana).

I’ve been checking in periodically with the dealer, and here’s a record of this journey

Order on 19 FEB- told to expect april/may
March 12- system shows april 22nd-june 1st
March 19- system just says May 2021
March 27- system just says June 2021
April 6- system says 4/2- 6/3
April 21- system says 4/21-6/3
April 30- system says 6/10-7/23
May 08- system says 6/10-7/23
May 28- system says 6/10-7-23
June 8- says 7/7 - 8/18

Pretty disappointed so far. Sold my Honda Pioneer 700 in April (for more than I paid for it used 4 years ago) and have been stuck without a SXS since.

Of course, this order has taken so long that I’ve had plenty of time to read everyone else’s experiences, and to take note of all of the seemingly common issues people are having with these new machines (cracking windshields, leaky roofs, error codes, etc).

Considering backing out of my order at this point.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Hey all; long time lurker/ first time poster throwing in my experience so far...

I pre-ordered a Burgundy NS Ultimate Crew on February 19th (in Indiana).

I’ve been checking in periodically with the dealer, and here’s a record of this journey

Order on 19 FEB- told to expect april/may
March 12- system shows april 22nd-june 1st
March 19- system just says May 2021
March 27- system just says June 2021
April 6- system says 4/2- 6/3
April 21- system says 4/21-6/3
April 30- system says 6/10-7/23
May 08- system says 6/10-7/23
May 28- system says 6/10-7-23
June 8- says 7/7 - 8/18

Pretty disappointed so far. Sold my Honda Pioneer 700 in April (for more than I paid for it used 4 years ago) and have been stuck without a SXS since.

Of course, this order has taken so long that I’ve had plenty of time to read everyone else’s experiences, and to take note of all of the seemingly common issues people are having with these new machines (cracking windshields, leaky roofs, error codes, etc).

Considering backing out of my order at this point.
Welcome buddy. Impressive timeline. I think a lot of us had the same thought of backing out at one point or another. I could of grabbed a Can Am Defender several times during my wait but decided to get what I really wanted instead of settling. When I buy something like this, I usually have it 10-20 years. So I stick with the product I want no matter the circumstances. You have 3 Qtrs of the game behind you. Dig in and get through this last Final Qtr. I know you will be happy you did.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Good Morning guys, A little update from Polaris this morning. They said they are giving priority to the most popular ordered units which are the lower price point machines. Therefore our order dates for N/S means nothing. My date range is now 8-5 to 9-17 for a N/S ultimate camo order date was 3-8. This is why I kept looking around for another machine to come available. And when my N/S utlimate trail boss came along I snatched it up. Once my order is filled I think it would be fair to say with the trucking issues they are having adding another 2 or 3 weeks for trucking would not be out of line. So 6 1/2 to 7 1/2 months for me. Hang in there eveyone it's not going to be a sprint it's going to be a long and painful marathon to the finsh line.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Good Morning guys, A little update from Polaris this morning. They said they are giving priority to the most popular ordered units which are the lower price point machines. Therefore our order dates for N/S means nothing. My date range is now 8-5 to 9-17 for a N/S ultimate camo order date was 3-8. This is why I kept looking around for another machine to come available. And when my N/S utlimate trail boss came along I snatched it up. Once my order is filled I think it would be fair to say with the trucking issues they are having adding another 2 or 3 weeks for trucking would not be out of line. So 6 1/2 to 7 1/2 months for me. Hang in there eveyone it's not going to be a sprint it's going to be a long and painful marathon to the finsh line.
Thanks for the update "Sawdust". Here is a little snippet of my shipping timeline. My 2nd unit left MN on 6-3 and arrived in Washington distribution on 6-9. Supposedly it will be loaded on a truck and headed to Oregon either on 6-11 or 6-14. My dealer has told me that delivery times depend on getting full loads, obviously to distribution facilities getting full loads wont be an issue but might have some delays to your dealer.
I am very hopeful i will love my current machine as i loved my last xp900.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I will complete week 13 wait tomorrow...first "ship date" will be Monday....we'll see....Northstar ultimate crew camo...ordered march 12th
salesmen called today, ranger crew 1000 premium is in route to Dallas distribution. est. time arrival to dealership 4-7 days.
ordered 4-24 second polaris est. 6-15 7-14

·
Registered
4 Posts
Went to dealer and asked for an update on my NS premium navy 3 seater. Ordered 4/9. Been pushed back a few times from end of May to end of June. Then told august. Now I have dates of 7-15 to 8-26. Spoke with lady at the dealer and she said Polaris usually builds machines in “blocks” and that a lot of rzr’s have been coming in lately and figure they have been concentrating on those, but all the ship dates are starting to come in on rangers now and she’s expecting them to switch over to getting ranger orders filled right away…. Who knows, a slight glimmer of hope anyhow. Wish I would have not sold my 800xp ranger in the spring! Cheers guys. Hopefully our machines get here sooner than later. Hunting season is fast approaching.

·
Registered
64 Posts
DT47.....The Ranger is built in Huntsville Alabame. That particular plant only builds the Ranger and the Slingshot.....nothing else comes out of that plant......just an FYI....but thanks for the info.

·
Registered
60 Posts
It's arrived at the dealer. 1000 premium. Right on schedule more or less and getting put together and PDI'ed. Good timing as my 900 needs a pedal sensor and runs erratic. Ordered one and not sure which will be running first. Been 3 days without my 900 and am lost so having a new 1000 with new everything will be great.

·
Registered
4 Posts
DT47.....The Ranger is built in Huntsville Alabame. That particular plant only builds the Ranger and the Slingshot.....nothing else comes out of that plant......just an FYI....but thanks for the info.
Oh ok, I’m not familiar with Polaris manufacturing whatsoever, so that’s good to know. Dealer probably just giving me a story to try justify wait times.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I commented early on in this thread. I placed my order on 3/26 for a XP1000 Crew in blue. No options other than a roof and windshield. I was given a ship date of 5/6-6/18 originally in mid-April. My dealer is closed today so I called Polaris and they told me it has shipped and it should be there already or within a day or so. It will be 12 weeks if I get it by the end of this week.

·
Premium Member
2021 Polaris Ranger Crew XP1000 North Star Ultimate Camo
4 Posts
What number did you use to call Polaris the number list below in contact us?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hello Everyone, A little new info for what it's worth. My dealer told me today by the way there located about 5 miles give or take from the northern Utah border in Idaho that 90% of all orders in there region for rangers I don't how wide of area that is anyway the orders are for the N/S Utlimates. This my explain why the utlimates are taking so long if that trend is the same across the country. They also said on average a N/S Ultimate is taking right around 5 months from what they are seeing. But it's really anybody guess. They also told me that Polaris does not assign a name (meaning us) to a machine until after the machine is built this explains why Polaris themselves told me that they cannot track a machine for a particular customer though the production process. I guess once it's built they decide who gets it. This is a pretty hokey way of doing business for a 7 billion dollar a yr. corporation.

641 - 660 of 687 Posts