Polaris Ranger Forum banner
1161 - 1180 of 1240 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ordered my XP 1000 NS premium May 22. I just received an answer of my enquirery to Polaris: An "updated" shipping schedule of between 11/20/2021 and 12/31/2021. That would make a 221 day span from order to ship, NOT delivery. I know parts are hard to come by, Ford and GM just announced the idling of several pickup truck plants due to parts shortages. But in effect, I have lost a year. I have been patient because I understood the supply chain issues, but now, I am wondering just how much smoke they are blowing and nut just me, but the dealers. They are hostage also. My dealer has nothing to sell, everything he gets goes right back out the door just as fast as it comes in. Perhaps I will get lucky and when it arrives, it will be a '23 model. It might take that long.....
Knowing what I know now, I wonder if we would have even considered buying one two years ago when we first started to talk about buying one.
My Ranger 3-seat Northstar Ultimate was ordered on May 3rd. Every time I call the dealer they move it back a month or two (Last Update). Last update was Nov/Dec build. Called factory for an update on Tuesday and guy was supposed to get back to me because computer system was down, he has not. Did say that all 21 orders will be filled as 21 models. At this point it will be 22 before I get my 21, it doesn't make sense. You can't change 21 order to a 22 according to him, would have to make new order and wait until ? for delivery. I assume next Spring, IDK.

·
Registered
62 Posts
A follow up to my comment about pricing from about 10 days ago. When I ordered my 2021 polaris ranger n/s ultimate crew camo back on 3-8-2021 I was quoted $29,999.00 when I picked it up on 8-21-21 the price was 30,699.00 (this is the price I paid) today my machine is 30,999.00. Polaris will no long lock in pricing they were doing so but not any longer. So plan on paying the higher price when your machines come in. My dealer did give me a $500.00 credit to try to make things right. Also heard that polaris is now only going to give one estimated delivery date most likely it will be a conservative date it will be way into the future my dealer said that wait times are getting worse as time goes on. I am sure Polaris is doing all that they can to get machines out the door after all that's how they make there money. It boils down to the supply chain issues that are happening around the globe. On a positive note I love my Ranger Northstar Ultimate it is everything thing I expected and more So hang in there you will love your also. I will post pics when I get all of the accessories put on.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I
A follow up to my comment about pricing from about 10 days ago. When I ordered my 2021 polaris ranger n/s ultimate crew camo back on 3-8-2021 I was quoted $29,999.00 when I picked it up on 8-21-21 the price was 30,699.00 (this is the price I paid) today my machine is 30,999.00. Polaris will no long lock in pricing they were doing so but not any longer. So plan on paying the higher price when your machines come in. My dealer did give me a $500.00 credit to try to make things right. Also heard that polaris is now only going to give one estimated delivery date most likely it will be a conservative date it will be way into the future my dealer said that wait times are getting worse as time goes on. I am sure Polaris is doing all that they can to get machines out the door after all that's how they make there money. It boils down to the supply chain issues that are happening around the globe. On a positive note I love my Ranger Northstar Ultimate it is everything thing I expected and more So hang in there you will love your also. I will post pics when I get all of the accessories put on.
Ordered mine on 4/29 The dealer and I agreed on a price with accessories. We both signed the deal. He told me if they changed to a 22, he would honor the price. I intend on hold him to it. They also told me my Ranger would be here by the end of August, and now they don't have a clue.

·
Registered
9 Posts

Sawdust I am sure all dealers are handling this issue differently but as for as the law goes if you were QUOTED a price the dealership has to honor that price. If they gave you an ESTIMATE then they can change it. I don't know of any dealership that when you order a UTV/ CAR etc. that gives you an estimate. They quote you a price on the machine on a Equipment Invoice. So unless your dealership specifically told you they are giving you an estimate they have to honor the price of the quote. Most dealerships are requiring a deposit that even firms up the quote they gave you. You are agreeing to the price quoted and to honor that agreement you are putting down a deposit. You can do your own search on the internet for the difference between an estimate and a quote. This change in price is obviously being handled differently by every dealership and comes down to them trying to make you happy and whether you care if you piss them off. If you need something fixed under warranty you may have to take it to them to get it fixed. Seems like Polaris is screwing their dealerships by not honoring the price quoted themselves.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I don't know how things work in other states, but here in Washington, a quoted price (on paper) is the price. The Attorney General's office loves consumer complaints about price misrepresentation. We have a signed contract with our $2000.00 presale deposit. I like our dealer, I trust our dealer (so far) but if push comes to shove, I will be corresponding with the state's Attorney General's office.

·
Registered
9 Posts
When did they remove your shipping range? I've got a 2021 Ranger 1000 Crew ordered June 10, and my shipping range has been August 23 - October 5 since July 9. It still has the same range as of this past Monday.
That seems like a long time-range for what you ordered. All the rest that are taking forever are the Northstar models it seems. Did you get the camo version or anything special?

·
Registered
26 Posts
That seems like a long time-range for what you ordered. All the rest that are taking forever are the Northstar models it seems. Did you get the camo version or anything special?
Nothing special. Just a 1000 Crew Premium (SOHC) in Stealth Gray.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I ordered my 570 SP Crew 9 days ago......wish I would've seen this before I ordered and put down $3K for a down payment! :cautious: Hoping since mine is a basic model, with no bells and whistles, it might get here a little quicker. These wait times are crazy!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I ordered my 570 SP Crew 9 days ago......wish I would've seen this before I ordered and put down $3K for a down payment! :cautious: Hoping since mine is a basic model, with no bells and whistles, it might get here a little quicker. These wait times are crazy!
Maybe you'll get lucky. I've seen some people post that they've received theirs in less than one month from order date, although that seems to be the exception. From just seeing the posts on here and the Facebook groups, it seems the most common features I hear taking a really long time (over 4 months) are 1. Crew 2. Northstar 3. 570 Full Size and 4. Camo. Of course that is very unscientific and just what seems to be common for the people I'm seeing post recently who have order dates in May or earlier. The standard XP and 1000 SOHC seem to come faster than the Northstar and 570 Full Size, 3 seaters seem to come faster than crew, and other colors seem to come faster than camo.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Maybe you'll get lucky. I've seen some people post that they've received theirs in less than one month from order date, although that seems to be the exception. From just seeing the posts on here and the Facebook groups, it seems the most common features I hear taking a really long time (over 4 months) are 1. Crew 2. Northstar 3. 570 Full Size and 4. Camo. Of course that is very unscientific and just what seems to be common for the people I'm seeing post recently who have order dates in May or earlier. The standard XP and 1000 SOHC seem to come faster than the Northstar and 570 Full Size, 3 seaters seem to come faster than crew, and other colors seem to come faster than camo.
I second all this, however i feel like Northstar has been the number one reason I've seen orders get pushed back further and further past the original shipping range. In talking to my dealer at the beginning when I placed my order he mentioned that Northstars were super backlogged, but in his experience what i ordered Ranger XP 1000 Crew wasn't being delayed. But who knows, it all changes so much.

I just wish I had convinced the wife earlier that we needed to get one on order way earlier then i did. I've got a hunting trip in November i really would like to have this for. If my shipping range doesn't change and I get it towards the tail end of the range i've been given I'll get it 3 days before i leave. But i did talk to Polaris on the phone a couple of days ago, not my dealer, and the guy mentioned that mine looks to be shipping towards the beginning of the shipping range i was given. So fingers crossed i'll have it here in a few weeks.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I second all this, however i feel like Northstar has been the number one reason I've seen orders get pushed back further and further past the original shipping range. In talking to my dealer at the beginning when I placed my order he mentioned that Northstars were super backlogged, but in his experience what i ordered Ranger XP 1000 Crew wasn't being delayed. But who knows, it all changes so much.

I just wish I had convinced the wife earlier that we needed to get one on order way earlier then i did. I've got a hunting trip in November i really would like to have this for. If my shipping range doesn't change and I get it towards the tail end of the range i've been given I'll get it 3 days before i leave. But i did talk to Polaris on the phone a couple of days ago, not my dealer, and the guy mentioned that mine looks to be shipping towards the beginning of the shipping range i was given. So fingers crossed i'll have it here in a few weeks.
I agree that Northstar seems to be the longest hold time of all orders. I'm seeing some who ordered in March and are still waiting for a Northstar. I just inquired again yesterday with Polaris on my 2021 1000 Crew Premium placed June 10, and it still has a date range of August 23 - October 5. It's odd to me how they keep that date range, even though we are now at September 3, and it obviously has missed the first part of the range they are still quoting.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm hoping that since the 570 SP doesn't have as much electrical add-ons and less computerized parts, maybe it'll get done and shipped earlier? I'd love to be able to use it during deer season this year, but not very optimistic......

·
Registered
9 Posts
I agree that Northstar seems to be the longest hold time of all orders. I'm seeing some who ordered in March and are still waiting for a Northstar. I just inquired again yesterday with Polaris on my 2021 1000 Crew Premium placed June 10, and it still has a date range of August 23 - October 5. It's odd to me how they keep that date range, even though we are now at September 3, and it obviously has missed the first part of the range they are still quoting.
I feel like the premium might be another delay callout as well. I think those added features might be why yours has taken longer.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I

Ordered mine on 4/29 The dealer and I agreed on a price with accessories. We both signed the deal. He told me if they changed to a 22, he would honor the price. I intend on hold him to it. They also told me my Ranger would be here by the end of August, and now they don't have a clue.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I ordered my North Star ultimate 4/9/21 was supposed to deliver august 12 . September 3 they are telling me a range of 9/27 to 11/28 not real happy about it . Nothing we can do they got you over a barrel.

·
Registered
3 Posts
We ordered a 2021 Polaris Ranger Northstar in middle of March, we got it 20 August. It was worth the wait but wondering if Polaris might offer a coupon or some compensation for the folks who stood by Polaris?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Ordered a Polaris NorthStar Ultimate edition on Oct 9. Wondering if other people experiencing a long wait time to get. I understand the Covid issue and patiently waiting.
Finally after 5 months to the day, I called my dealer and after taking my name he said hold on one moment. Five minutes later he comes back on the phone and said yep it will be here tomorrow! I was like you got to be kidding! Well long story short my family dropped off a truck load of accessories and it should be done next week some time.

1161 - 1180 of 1240 Posts