Polaris Ranger Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Ranger Crew Northstar 6" lift 15" wheels with 32's
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Standard or sticky rubber?

Is Standard more for warm weather and roads and hard surfaces with sticky more useful in colder temperatures with snow an ice?

Just wondering where you would recommend one verses the other?

·
Vendor
596 Posts
Standard or sticky rubber?

Is Standard more for warm weather and roads and hard surfaces with sticky more useful in colder temperatures with snow an ice?

Just wondering where you would recommend one verses the other?
The sticky is for 99% rock crawling. Its unreal in the rocks...but it'll wear super fast if you ride any roads. You can move the lugs if you squeeze them really hard.

·
Registered
2017 Ranger Crew Northstar 6" lift 15" wheels with 32's
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The sticky is for 99% rock crawling. Its unreal in the rocks...but it'll wear super fast if you ride any roads. You can move the lugs if you squeeze them really hard.
Ahhhh ok. Good I asked. Soft compounds are good on the cars in the winter around here. I suppose they would work great for that but even gravel roads might tear them up pretty fast in the summer.

Thanks for the informaition.

Reactions: SuperATV

·
Registered
68 Posts
I run warrior xt in a 34 on my ranger. They are amazing. Nice and plush on trails. Do nice in the sand, climb up any rocks I've thrown at them, and do surprisingly well in the mud. I do have 6in satv lift ao they do fling mud up the side of the machine. They are much easier on axles than a more aggressive tire, and I'd rather save an axle n have to use the winch than break somthing. Yet for an all around tire you can't ask for better.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts