Polaris Ranger Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Polaris XP 1000 North Star Ultimate
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been a Polaris owner for years, but bought my first Ranger with Ride Command ('21 XP 1000 North Star Ultimate).... So, I'm sure there are discussions about this, but I wanted to get recent thoughts from you guys...
I know the manual says you can get the Ride Command unit wet, with a garden hose, when washing... But, has anyone done it? Any problems? When washing the interior with a hose, do you get water in the heater vents? Any other issues that I should be aware of? Any info is appreciated!!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have washed the inside. It made me nervous but no issues. I try to stay away from the dash and hand wipe that area

·
Registered
2021 Ranger crew NS Trail Boss
27 Posts
I haven’t washed my ranger yet, but my general had the ride command also, and I washed that for two years with a pressure washer, I was careful around the dash unit but it definitely got hit.

·
Registered
2021 Polaris Ranger 1000 XP Northstar Premium - Pursuit Camo
32 Posts
It seems generally like a very bad idea to let a hose spray all over the inside of the cab.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I used to use a spray nozzle on a hose to quickly spray mist the dash of my 2016 900 XP. That would wash some of the dust away and thenI would use a cloth to wipe off the mist. Never had a problem after 10,000 miles and probably 40-50 spray downs. I just got my 2021 Ultimate and not too sure about doing the spray treatment. So far I have been using a damp towel to wipe off the dash. I spray the seats and floors without hesitation because I run across a river that floods the floor boards.

·
Registered
51 Posts
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I wash my 2021 crew with a pressure washer inside and out under and over turn it on run till the engine and exhaust are hot then let it sit in the sun until good and dry with the seats up and bed up never had any issues

1 - 6 of 6 Posts