Polaris Ranger Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Welcome to the latest addition of RangerForums.net dedicated to the new Polaris Brutus lineup of utvs.

·
Registered
464 Posts
I knew there was a Diesel powered 900 coming!, the the Hydrolic driveline and setup is unexpected though!

1. Technically it is NOT a Ranger XD
2. how fast does this go?
3. will Polaris eventually build a Ranger 900 D "CVT drive version" to replace the 800 based Diesel? or will they just kill off the CVT based Diesel altogether?
3. yay! a Diesel that isn't Sage Green!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I knew there was a Diesel powered 900 coming!, the the Hydrolic driveline and setup is unexpected though!

1. Technically it is NOT a Ranger XD
2. how fast does this go?
3. will Polaris eventually build a Ranger 900 D "CVT drive version" to replace the 800 based Diesel? or will they just kill off the CVT based Diesel altogether?
3. yay! a Diesel that isn't Sage Green!
I'm sure its top speed is the same as its brother the bobcat 3650, 30 mph, but that also has an upgrade kit available that will bring it to 35 mph.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I own 2 Brutus HD PTO's. They seem to be a nice machine, my biggest complaint is that when traveling on a gravel road any sort of hill will take these machine down to 5 mph. I can tell you the cab is awesome and the AC will run you right out of the cab. Dont think there is any way that the gas rangers can have ac as the brutus has a regular air conditioning compressor that is serpentine belt driven.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I own 2 Brutus HD PTO's. They seem to be a nice machine, my biggest complaint is that when traveling on a gravel road any sort of hill will take these machine down to 5 mph. I can tell you the cab is awesome and the AC will run you right out of the cab. Dont think there is any way that the gas rangers can have ac as the brutus has a regular air conditioning compressor that is serpentine belt driven.
Why not install an aux electic motor with a serpentine pully? I can't imagine it being impossible.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just purchased a Brutus. We chose it over the ranger because we can creep it around with the mower. We have to mow some of the thicker love grass @ 1mph. It does great! So far we have run it around 6-7 hours a day. Gotta love the Yanmar and hydrostatic transmission.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same complaint. I thought there was something wrong with it. Unloaded in H with the slightest incline it will fall on its face. When in low it is fine. The hydraulic fluid was a bit low so I filled it. Seems a little better. Was already back at the dealer getting "updates" done to it.:mad:

·
Registered
115 Posts
I know, holy thread resurrection, but I just wanted to help fellow owners...

There was a manufacturing issue with a Bobcat supplied part, and a fix was engineered. When this replacement was installed, many dealers incorrectly reinstalled the swash plate mechanism and that worsened the problem. If the swash plate is not installed correctly, it will run sluggishly and fall on its face exactly how others have described. This is a dealer issue and there are specific instructions on how to fix. I had this happen to me, but now the machine runs like it should. I can cut grass on a decent incline while running the AC. It's not a 100hp tractor, but it works very well for what it is.

Sorry to bring this back up, just wanted help other owners and folks who may search the web and find this.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Just hit the 700 hour mark in my brutus. I have beat the snot out if it this winter with a mix of snowblower, snow blade and angle broom work. Other than the early pintle lever fix, it has run FLAWLESSLY. A buddy in northern Minnesota bought one of the first BRUTUS buggies and has over 2000 hours and is buying several more for his snow removal business. The key is getting the hydraulic system tuned right on the early builds- they are much better from the factory now from what I hear.

·
Registered
1 Posts
brutus running slow

How do you fix the swash plate to make it run faster. Can someone tell me where to look. My brutus only runs 15 mph on the flat ground and less than 10 on incline.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts