Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
took my 2019 ranger xp 900 for the 25 hrs service at the polaris dealer in Onlaska, ctexas.
Man thats a long time to speed up and slow down.

After putting the new tires in today.
I can be in low gear and bust 40 mph.

Man that felt good..before the service, I hit 70 mph in high.
And let off.
Man it felt good.

·
Registered
2020 Ranger Northstar
150 Posts
I get what your saying but I’ve never done it. Not for any of the 12 machines I’ve bought from Polaris.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
For my warranty.
The dealership i bought it from said make sure you do it at 25 hrs.
And every 100 hrs after that.
I got a 6 yr polaris warranty.

You know I see so many people with problems.
And they all refuse to visit the dealership.
Nobody can help you more, by getting it serviced every 100 hrs

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I’m talking about your crazy break in.
plus I do all my own service. I don’t trust the clowns at the dealership.
I don't understand how you don't feel comfortable with some mechanics, that don't do nothing everyday, but work on rangers , working on your machine.
You know they are gonna use the proper fluids..you can check the levels when you get it back..
If they worked on something and its not right.
You can take it back and have it looked at on their dime.

There has to be more than one dealership near you.

·
Registered
2020 Ranger Northstar
150 Posts
I don't understand how you don't feel comfortable with some mechanics, that don't do nothing everyday, but work on rangers , working on your machine.
You know they are gonna use the proper fluids..you can check the levels when you get it back..
If they worked on something and its not right.
You can take it back and have it looked at on their dime.

There has to be more than one dealership near you.
Never not me. I work on my own stuff and maintain my own stuff. I buy all my fluids in bulk.
yes there is lots of dealers around. That’s not my problem. I don’t want some monkey working on my expensive machine. One day you will see what I’m talking about.

·
Registered
2019 XP1000 Camo
147 Posts
Not only that, it cost 3x what it cost to do it yourself. You don’t have to haul it there and back. If I cross thread a plug I’ll stop and fix it, dealer maybe maybe not. The ones doing the service work are usually 18-22 year olds that are just starting out working and I’d bet work ethic is lacking and all that’s on their mind is 5 o’clock. Do you really want someone making $10 hour serving your machine?

I can change oil and filter, transmission, and front end for $70 or so. Most dealers don’t even want to change the front end fluid. If you check the fluid in the front end and transmission you could have just changed it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I worked my whole life to get where I am.
I saved my money.

I will be 70 in a few months if everything goes well..

Got better things to do than work on my Ranger.
Would of never bought a 5 yr polaris warranty if I was gonna work on it.
What does it require on changing the oil.
Once every 100 hours.
bout once a yr.
You guys have at it.

I bought it to ride.
Not to work on.

·
Registered
2020 Ranger Northstar
150 Posts
I worked my whole life to get where I am.
I saved my money.

I will be 70 in a few months if everything goes well..

Got better things to do than work on my Ranger.
Would of never bought a 5 yr polaris warranty if I was gonna work on it.
What does it require on changing the oil.
Once every 100 hours.
bout once a yr.
You guys have at it.

I bought it to ride.
Not to work on.
Isn’t working on it half the fun?

·
Registered
2019 XP1000 Camo
147 Posts
But you’ll spend more time hauling it around than I will servicing it. Takes me an hour. I bet you can’t haul it to your dealer and back in an hour. I change mine every 50 hours. I know it’s overkill but I don’t mind. Oil is cheap, engines and transmissions aren’t. I put 1600 miles on mine in a year. That’s a lot of hauling around.

I understand if you’re not able but I am and I enjoy it. Kill a few beers and an hour or so. Sounds like a good evening after work.

Tell you what, next time you go get yours done just walk on back to the service area and see who is working on your machine. Probably some kid making $10 an hour learning on your machine or the one before.

Repairs I’d let dealer do if it’s over what I can do. The guy repairing Vs the guy servicing is two different people.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Dealer is about 17 miles away.
Made a appointment, took it there and they serviced it while I waited outside.

Was that hard.

Bought a set of takeoff wheels from a xp1000 while I was there.

Ran into some Rednecks I know there too.
They was dropping their machines off.

Closed my business down about 12 yrs ago.

Other than going to the hospital for treatment.
I got all week to do whatever i want.

·
Registered
2019 XP1000 Camo
147 Posts
That’s probably best for you. I don’t blame you if you have the time and aren’t able to do it yourself. The majority of people on these forums do their own work. That’s what the forum is for. Helping people figure out how best to keep your machine going.

·
Registered
221 Posts
To each his own. I'm not a 'gearhead' but can do general maintance , just greased my machine and greased the wheel bearings with the Tigar Tool I bought. You need to remove the caliper and castle nut insert the greaser tool then re-torque the castle nut and install the caliper. I've changed shocks and A arms but tear into the engine or electrical is Way beyond my knowledge or ability. After installing my forward A arms and having about 10 hrs of time into trying to make sure the front aligment was right. Off to the dealer it went. The machinic/tec there who I know has been there 30+ years told me I was dam close. But they dialed it in and aligned the steering wheel as when tires were straight ahead. Steering wheel was cocked off one way.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
That’s probably best for you. I don’t blame you if you have the time and aren’t able to do it yourself. The majority of people on these forums do their own work. That’s what the forum is for. Helping people figure out how best to keep your machine going.

I well understand what's going on , on this forum.
I well understand what the forum is for.

Just don't understand why people having some hard problems, refuse to visit the dealership to get rid of a headache.

What do you go to work everyday for.
To make money.
Spread some of the money around when you got a headache.

I don't want to be solo riding and break down with the OL and have to walk out of 500 acres or more.
Don't think I could make it out and remember where my machine is.

I was just invited to go ride 22,000 acres.
Turned it down.
Don't want to ride nothing that big.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If the majority of forum members "do their own work" then why all the stupid questions? ie. "it wont run, what do I do?"
So I guess you are in Charge now ,Since you choose to do your own Work.

Weather you do your own work or not is your choice.
If you have a problem with your ranger.
How you solve the problem is your choice.

And I don't understand why the questions are stupid it you don't choose to do your own work.

Guess you are in charge now.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Don't remember where the question was about weather to wear a helmet or not in your ranger. You don't wear one in your car.
Lot more protection in your car too.

Got a lot of friends that are gone from not wearing a Helmet while riding a motorcycle.

But look at this.
Its Metal tabs holding my plastic roof on.

I'd really hate to hit my head on one of these while out in the field.
And if you choose not to buy a windshield like me.
A FF helmet is great in the winter.

·
Registered
2020 Ranger Northstar
150 Posts
Don't remember where the question was about weather to wear a helmet or not in your ranger. You don't wear one in your car.
Lot more protection in your car too.

Got a lot of friends that are gone from not wearing a Helmet while riding a motorcycle.
That was me. It isn’t required in my province I don’t know how much I can elaborate for you. If you still don’t understand I’ll reword it for you again.
you can do what ever you want I will do the same.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That was me. It isn’t required in my province I don’t know how much I can elaborate for you. If you still don’t understand I’ll reword it for you again.
you can do what ever you want I will do the same.
Oh thank you !

I don't know where your province is.

Just wanted you to see the tabs I was talking about.
There are no helmet laws here..
Its your choice on what you choose to do.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts