Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
UNLESS you drive on a farm and don't get in any high water.
Buying a extended warranty is a waste of money.

You can't put a lift kit on your buggy so you can get it up out of the water.

You can't put radius arms on it.
just about everything you do except for tires.
Voids the warranty.

·
Registered
18 Posts
i bought one and was told it covers everything except normal wear and tear. meaning tires, oilchanges,brakes ect. if you break a ujoint, axel, ect. it should be covered with no deductable.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i bought one and was told it covers everything except normal wear and tear. meaning tires, oilchanges,brakes ect. if you break a ujoint, axel, ect. it should be covered with no deductable.
As long as you don't make changes to your polaris.
Lift kits, snorkles and a lot of other things.

Guess that means you ain't gonna be riding in any
RV parks where you need to go threw water.
Where you may need clearance.
Guess if you get tires very big an need a radius arm kit.
Think it voids your warranty too.

·
Registered
78 Posts
So you’re saying if someone puts a lift on their machine with bigger tires and something happens to the engine, your warranty is void??

If that happens you have a shity dealer.

I could see them denying a frame issue with a lift but it won’t completely void your warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22 Posts
Lots and lots of wiggle room on Polaris's part with this statement.
What's Covered?
With over 1,500 parts covered, it's better to ask what isn't covered? A Polaris Protection Plan covers all mechanical and electrical failures excluding wear items (batteries, belts, wheel bearings, etc.), abused units (mud or swamped machines), neglected units, or cosmetic damages.

Mud!? Holy crap, mine goes in mud and sand all the time.
The "ABUSED UNITS" is clearly a get out of jail free card for Polaris.
Basically I read it as, keep on hard roads and never drive it for what it was designed for and Polaris will cover it. 🙄

·
Registered
78 Posts
Your dealer is the key in this. If your dealer backs you up then you’ll be fine. Help your dealer help you by keeping your receipts, write date , engine hours ,and mileage on your receipts. Also write it in a note book. Keep it in the glove box. Even though you don’t have to ,use Polaris fluids and filters.

Now if you went cheap to save a few hundred bucks at a high volume dealer, you’re probably SOL. Buy from a local dealer. They want your return business and your word of mouth advertising. Also you don’t have to buy the Polaris warranty, you can get a third party, Fix My Toys,Riders Advantage , ect.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts